Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever sell off your business at the height of its popularity?

Let's say you have a hugely popular site, and it's blowing up right now. Would you ever consider selling your site when it's at the height of popularity? Or would you rather wait? Or, keep the site?
If I happen to have a website that is that popular I don't see the reason why I should be planning on selling it when I can actually monetize it and make money from it as well because it is very popular and it would drive a lot of traffic.

Advertisement Placeholder
Let's say you have a hugely popular site, and it's blowing up right now. Would you ever consider selling your site when it's at the height of popularity? Or would you rather wait? Or, keep the site?
Sincerely, i will sell the site if the offer is true good to be true, I mean very tempting. I can always open another site and grow it again but this time with a weather of experience.

If the site ( my business) is doing well like you have just explained, I see no reason to sell it off. I would rather keep working with it to get more profits from it.
Theres no point selling off your business if you realises the business is doing well in the first place, but at times the owner may need money for another responsibilities.

I don't think selling it is a nice idea,but rather one should continue with it,but if it happens to be that the money issued out is tangible I can sell it out.

The only reason why I would ever consider the possibility of selling such a website is if I don't have the time to manage the website by myself and have it monetized in such a way that it makes money for me almost all the time.

Theres no point selling off your business if you realises the business is doing well in the first place, but at times the owner may need money for another responsibilities.
Hmmm you have a point there though but don't you think if the business is doing really well then it's possible to make the money needed form the business?

No matter the hefty amount of money tables for my business that has gained spotlight I wouldn't be flipping it up cis the business is a perfect retirement business for me when I continue it for long.

I really do not think that any intelligent person would sell their business when they are making huge profits. Most of the businessmen, who made their business success, never sold their businesses and today they have opened several branches.

Selling of your business at the height of his popularity is not the right thing to do even though there are some competitors offers huge amount of money to wave away competition.

I will consider the future potential of my website if I keep it , and I'll also consider the future potential of what I am using the money for if I am to sell it , this will determine which of the decision I will make.

Selling my business when its already popular is a bad thing to do in life , I understand you can sell off your business if the business is not doing well because of some difficulties.

If I have reasons to believe that I am going to make huge profit from it and I am already looking to invest in another place, then that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Me in particular, I will not sell my business or properties at the height of it popularity except we should do partnership but I know of people who sold the property at it height of popularity.

Well sometimes circumstances can compels us to undertake some decisions that we dont really intended to. Personally I wont be able to makes such kind of decision because I believe the income I will be generating will be used to settle even if it's a debt.

The owner of Instagram sold the social Media platform at the height of its popularity to Mark Zuckerberg. The same thing also with WhatsApp and some other platforms. If you want the money and not the fame you can sell it off.

Selling your business when its already gaining popularity is not advisable , but I you realises you no longer need the business or you are willing to travel , relocate , then you can easily sell.

Selling your business when its already gaining popularity is not advisable , but I you realises you no longer need the business or you are willing to travel , relocate , then you can easily sell.
I don't think I would ever do that. Selling off a business at the height of it's popularity isn't a good idea no matter the price involved. I wouldn't even sell off a business that has enough potential to succeed.

Yes I can sell it off at the peak of its popularity when the money offered is convincing and when I feel I cannot take it any higher and if there's a probability of it to start declining in popularity.

Actually sell up a business at the best highet of it popularity is not the best. Though sometimes circumstances makes people to make such terrible decisions.

I am in business to make profit and if I compare the profit that I would make for keeping it and the one that I would make for selling it, I will definitely go with the one that will give me higher profit margin. That is how business operates because it's not based on emotion.

I am in business to make profit and if I compare the profit that I would make for keeping it and the one that I would make for selling it, I will definitely go with the one that will give me higher profit margin. That is how business operates because it's not based on emotion.
No I haven't done this before. I don't think I can do it because I would run at a loss especially if the business has great potential to succeed in the nearest future.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds