Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Workplace competitions to help with morale

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does anyone here take part in workplace competitions to help with morale? I like when a business has competitions or fun and games for the staff. It gives me a reason to want to go back to a job like that. I think competition is good, so long that it doesn't cause a rift with your staff. You also don't want your staff to fight over a competition. So I think you'd have to find ways to make it more even among every worker, so it's fair when a winner is picked.

Anyway, can these competitions help with morale? Can it hurt it?

Advertisement Placeholder
i have always believed that having healthy competition is something that would not really hurt any business. There are many companies where the employees may also compete with themselves and this could prove to be really productive thing for the company.

Workplace competitions is very important to push your workers to their limit and make them boost their work output. If there's a good reward for this kind of competition, it will motivate your workers to take it head on with everything they've got.

I have worked in a sales department for a company some years ago and we usually have bonuses depending on the number of sales that you close on daily basis.

It was a very serious competition between every staff that was involved in making sales. Everyone is always striving to close whatever customers they are talking to and make sure they sell more on daily basis.

I have limited experience working in organizations and I have never worked in big organizations. I always worked in small organizations where nothing matters except the work delivery. As an employer, I used to organize fun games, right before the office closed for holidays.

The whole idea of having employees ain't complete if there's no competition among them. So basically, there's always competition between employees and have ranks to reward them in due time.

Workplace competitions is very important to push your workers to their limit and make them boost their work output. If there's a good reward for this kind of competition, it will motivate your workers to take it head on with everything they've got.
Workplace competition are good as long as it does not brew bad blood among the employees. Healthy competition would bring out the best among your employees and enhanced production..

Workplace competition are good as long as it does not brew bad blood among the employees. Healthy competition would bring out the best among your employees and enhanced production..
It's true the competition amongst your staff or workers much be turned into to healthy competition as it's the sure way of ensuring they are going to work for the business and not against it. If they become too self centered because of their own interest, their actions will hurt your business.

It's true the competition amongst your staff or workers much be turned into to healthy competition as it's the sure way of ensuring they are going to work for the business and not against it. If they become too self centered because of their own interest, their actions will hurt your business.
In everywhere competition is supposed to bring out the best from people when they are done in good faith. Just like in soccer where two players are fighting for a shirt..

In everywhere competition is supposed to bring out the best from people when they are done in good faith. Just like in soccer where two players are fighting for a shirt..
I love competition in my business but I do take precautions to keep everyone and everything under a microscope. I will be overseeing how the workers compete and when a worker isn't competing fair, I will step in and stop the excesses.

I love competition in my business but I do take precautions to keep everyone and everything under a microscope. I will be overseeing how the workers compete and when a worker isn't competing fair, I will step in and stop the excesses.
Actually competition can help boost productivity,and encourage creativity. Friendly rivalry can be advantageous. It is equally important that workers collaborate and help themselves..

I have worked in a sales department for a company some years ago and we usually have bonuses depending on the number of sales that you close on daily basis.

It was a very serious competition between every staff that was involved in making sales. Everyone is always striving to close whatever customers they are talking to and make sure they sell more on daily basis.

I think that there is a lots of competition in the sales department because when it comes to sales, you may need to compete with other salesmen or salesperson who may be in the same field. This is also the case in many telemarketing companies as well.

Actually competition can help boost productivity,and encourage creativity. Friendly rivalry can be advantageous. It is equally important that workers collaborate and help themselves..
Competition at workplace can be challenging but with rewards for the workers who took part in the competition, it will help your business in many ways. There would be increased sales and profit making.

When people actually compete, they showcase their skills in trying to solve problems. Actually I love competition because it brings out the best from every individuals at every moment...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds