Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion ForkBB

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
While browsing the punBB support forums, I noticed one of the staff members there has been working on his own forum script called ForkBB. It seems to be based on punBB, that doesn't really surprise me since he also has been working on his own version of FluxBB which is also based on PunBB. Anyways I wondered if anyone here has heard of this software before or not. I'm thinking of installing it and seeing how well it functions. The author speaks Russian, so the entire support forum's index page is in Russian but he does try his best to answer questions in English. Here's the support forum:
Here's the github repository for the software, there's also a converter to move to ForkBB but it only works with punBB, FluxBB, and his version of FluxBB so you'd have to convert to one of those platforms first before converting to ForkBB.

Looks like it's very actively developed. Sadly I don't understand one bit of it, lol.

Looks like it's very actively developed. Sadly I don't understand one bit of it, lol.
Russian GIF by Italia's Got Talent

When I go to that link half shows in English and half in Russian :p It does look nice though.

Yeah lots more Russian than English lol. Google translate does a decent enough job translating but meh. I still need to test the software out, definitely reminds me more of FluxBB with some extra bells and whistles. In fact ForkBB has a "best answer" feature which most free software doesn't even have as far as I'm aware.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest