Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Wordpress

Calamity

Recognized member
Credits
It seems like most of the users on here run forums. I was wondering if anyone uses Wordpress? I've created a few websites and Wordpress is usually what I use to build them. I like that it's easy to use, very customizable, and has a lot of support. I haven't used Squarespace or Wix, but they seem to be #2 and #3 but are a lot less customizable?

You also don’t have total control over the platform since you don’t host it with those two.

Yup I've used WordPress and also tried to integrate forums into WordPress with limited success, with things like buddypress etc from memory? But never really successfully integrated xenforo with WordPress properly although I am sure there is a decent bridge out there now days!

I love WordPress. Use it for my personal business, AJ and a couple of others. It’s very versatile and very easy to use.

Crazy how a blog platform evolved in the most popular website builder on the internet. I’m guessing somewhere around 70% of all websites are built on WordPress.

I've got Wordpress for my movie blog but I don't do a lot of work with it.

I at the moment have one WordPress site which I am currently working on to change into just a website advertising my services as well as advertising and promoting my content creation as well.

I have ideas for other blogs I would like to start and WordPress will be my chosen software when I do :)

I enjoy WordPress, but like any snobby developer I only like it when I use my own software. :p

I have tried to use other platforms, even for simple sites, but always found myself going back to WordPress due to something missing, or not having a fun 3rd party marketplace.

I've used Wordpress for a few projects, but I also don't mind using Joomla. In fact, I prefer Joomla to Wordpress, it just seems a bit easier to navigate through the ACP over Wordpress IMO. Though there was a bit of a learning curve to get used to everything.

I like Wordpress. I use Wordpress with the Divi Theme and tools from Elegant Themes for my business websites and any sites i design and host for others.

I liked Elegant Themes before they made Divi, when they had a collection of quite varied styles of theme. Sadly none of those themes work on modern WordPress without considerable effort.

I used WordPress along time ago to build successful (as in a few hundred USD a month) employment blogs and also a drum lesson blog. It's very easy to use and understand and I was into it before I got into forums and I never used it to make a forum, but I've been curious.

So before I decided to commit to starting an RP platform from scratch, I was actually working on making RPs on WordPress. In the end, it just irritated me; there's a lot to customize and that's great. It's just not what I was looking for. Basically, we were using the "blogs" as posts but comments are treated differently than posts and it's just a huge pain in the ass.

For other things, however, I do like WordPress. For a good while, I had a review blog but I dropped it a few years ago from lack of interest.

Some cynics are opposed to WordPress and there are lots of alternatives. Anyway, one criticism is that too much self-updating is needed. In other words, the updating isn't automatic.

Some cynics are opposed to WordPress and there are lots of alternatives. Anyway, one criticism is that too much self-updating is needed. In other words, the updating isn't automatic.
Auto updating of the core is on by default, as it is for all public plugins. (Paid plugins are a different story.)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest