Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WordPress Alternatives - Do you agree with the author?

Jason

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits

I saw this video recently and found it interesting. Anyway, this guy is strongly opposed to WordPress, claiming it is bloated and lacking in self-updating qualities. Well, myself, I don't have an opinion cause I haven't really tried this stuff. I'm just taking his word for it.

Who has tried the software he has mentioned? How did it go? How would you compare it to WordPress? Is there anyone who might consider pushing the WordPress choice to the side? Is there anyone on here who loves WordPress and thinks it's the best? ;)

I will admit that I just skimmed the video, but it really seemed like he was comparing WordPress to an Affiliate Marketing software at which one is better at automatic Affiliate Marketing.

WordPress to me, is one of the most versatile websites ever made and can make most types of sites easily and very effectively, but a jack of all trades will almost always lose to a purpose built software. It does suffer from a bit of aging and overall the base WordPress is pretty awful, so it does take a lot of planning to put together a good website. Thos can make it rough for unskilled and novice admins to get started, but it is not very hard to learn.

I haven't tried either that was mentioned. I've been trying to get away from WordPress but it keeps winning against alot of the features I'm looking for. I've learned how to fixed most errors with WordPress and have grown to enjoy WordPress and all of its features there are alot of security features that you can do that not mentioned.

Ghost lacks themes and alot of features. I've tested it. some sites are just to easy but lack features that most plugins have in wordpress.

The video did not load for me, so I don't know what this guy was talking about, however, based on my personal experience, there is no other software that is as good as wordpress.

I do not know much, but instead of WordPress I prefer to load the pages in HTML and CSS (when they are static websites), when we talk about blogs or stores I prefer to use PHP or React before using WordPress. In many cases, WordPress is a headache for clients rather than a solution.

Or leave the work to other's to do and pay them hahahahahah

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor