Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Wondering which hosts and forum software are popular and active?

Zombie

Credits
Hey guys. So it's been a fair while since I've run a community. I'm currently looking to start working on a semi-private project. I'd like to take the time to improve my web and forum design skills. I haven't hosted my own for quite some time. I was hoping you guys could recommend me a solid host, and which one to try out for forums. I have limited income so not really looking to buy an expensive licenced one. The host must allow adult content Other than that honestly no specifics, Thanks for your time.

I would recommend Jcink. Free, somewhat updated. Allows adult content when using their Premium plan. Which is around 13 USD per month I think. @synpastel and @Cory are both basically home in Jcink. But above all, IPB 1.3 which is what Jcink is built on, is very easy to customize and learn.

Hostinger allows adult content and their hosting plans are cheap. I believe they also offer a free domain name with their hosting plans.

If you intend to install a full blown forum software. I'd look at SMF when it comes to a free option. XenForo or WoltLab for a paid for option. All 3 are fairly easy to theme for and are easy to use in general.

You might try Forumotion or Proboards.

I use to recommend Zetaboards but I don't anymore since they were bought out by Tapatalk.

Jcink is bountiful in RPG boards, so it could be an option for such a niche. Jcink also allows you to download your database in case you ever want to transfer to a self-hosted platform. It's a pretty solid, free option to start on.

Pretty sure proboards gets fussy about adult content, jcink seems like the way to go. I can second hostinger as effective on the very cheap end, might have enough punch to handle what you're looking for along with something on the freer end of software.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor