Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Windows 10 Tips that I learned today.

vbgamer45

Bronze Member
Credits
So it has come to my attention today that there are many features that most people do not know about in Windows 10.

Productivity wise just learned about these two! Which shock me.

Tip 1: In a textarea even notepad and text fields on websites windows key plus period you get an emoji picker

Tip 2: Windows key plus V equals option to turn on clipboard history. I knew about apps for years but never installed any...

I am sure there are tons more. But just learned these two today. I think better guides, manuals are needed. I have the same issue with my iPhone have had many staff members show me things over the years

So it has come to my attention today that there are many features that most people do not know about in Windows 10.

Productivity wise just learned about these two! Which shock me.

Tip 1: In a textarea even notepad and text fields on websites windows key plus period you get an emoji picker

Tip 2: Windows key plus V equals option to turn on clipboard history. I knew about apps for years but never installed any...

I am sure there are tons more. But just learned these two today. I think better guides, manuals are needed. I have the same issue with my iPhone have had many staff members show me things over the years
I tried these tips in Windows 11. They are all working well. Thanks! :D

Speaking of productivity, there's a new plugin called "Copilot for Microsoft 365".
If you install it, you will be able to generate PowerPoint presentations within seconds just by giving a draft Word file with basic content.
You will also be able to analyze Excel data within seconds and also draft superb Word file contents as well as emails too.
I'm not sure if it's free though. I got this recently updated on my work laptop. The IT team had pushed an update for the same.

Regarding notepad, hit f5 for a lovely little timestamp. If chronological notes in notepad are your thing.

O&oshutup10/11, winaerotweaker and hardentools are a nice trifecta for making windows a little less bloaty if you're not into much deeper customizations. The latter closes some common attack venues.

Powertoys and sysinternals are both work looking into if you have niche wants from the operating system that call for either. They're a bit nerdy but hey. I think powertoys is at least partially baked into 11 but I haven't fiddled with it much.

SyncBackFree has my vote as a manual backup creator.

Notepad++ is notepad but infinitely more usable without ever needing to get too into its development features. I've used it as a happy middle ground between notepad and getting something like eclipse or sublime.

CTRL + Shift + ESC to go directly to task manager. Common uses for those unaware (hey it can happen) include killing things that are lagging themselves out (explorer.exe is a consistent culprit, if it doesn't auto restart you can just start new task and put that in). And of course just seeing what the computer is up to. Sorting by memory usage in the details tab tends to give the most consistent view.

There's other actual built-in nice stuff I'm forgetting but honestly most of my mileage is adding stuff on top or removing things I don't want, and making it replace or supplement what windows tries to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor