Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Beautiful Themes Are Sometimes Ignored

Timgab

Website
techtime.com.ng
Credits
Have you ever come across a visually stunning website theme but chose not to use it? You're not alone.

Different reasons can make a beautiful theme not be the right fit to my need. It could lack essential features, may be too complex, or have security/performance issues.

There is this beautiful theme I used online, the theme was so classy from its beauty aspect. But unfortunately, the theme wasn't standard in terms of security as it was using outdated plugins with crashes who knows If there is more to it. I quitted cause I was not ready stressing myself.

What are your experiences with this?

Beautiful or not, a design has to lead the user in a direction.

It's not that ugly designs work because they're ugly, but because those big ugly buttons or 1990's styled hyperlinks are obvious.

Beautiful designs can easily go overboard by focusing on animations, script libraries, or giant aesthetic images that don't help a user along their journey. But I'd rather have a beautiful design that converts than an ugly or minimal one that doesn't.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor