Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

Well it depends on the kind or project and those responsible for the project. if it happens to be an organisational project then the manager is to be blame reason because he might have not meet to the requirements of the employees and not active at all time to supervise.

Advertisement Placeholder
Employer or Employee the answer is the Employer because ultimately the employer loses more and the employers job is to ensure that the employee does their work properly

I
Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
I dont think its right to blame employees for project delay especially to others, managers should learn to take responsibility for failures, and if truly employees are the problem then they should look into providing a more comfortable work environment for them or change them if they are just not been productive

Well it depends on the kind or project and those responsible for the project. if it happens to be an organisational project then the manager is to be blame reason because he might have not meet to the requirements of the employees and not active at all time to supervise.
In my experience there is the so called chain of command. When the project manager handles 5 analysts and 5 programmers then the delay of the project is caused by 1 programmer it would always be the project manager that would answer the questions. That is the reason for the manager to be on top of the project.

If you critically look at the entire scenario, there are sometimes that the team leaders have to take the blame, while three aw situations where the entire uper management is to blame completely sometimes too

It is very important for communication that every organisation should have a chain of command and as such the blame is going to be gifted accordingly.

The kind of work to be done may be too big for the employees to handle in a short duration of time. Work should be structured in a way that affords employees the time to do it well and fast as possible. Unless the employees are lazy and incompetent then the blame should fall to them for not meeting the deadline.
I think the blame should be upon those who did not do their job. If the fault lies on the employees then they are supposed to be blamed and not the management.

I think the blame should be upon those who did not do their job. If the fault lies on the employees then they are supposed to be blamed and not the management.
True but the painful truth about this kind of business or contract is that officially, the blame would be on the head of that particular team. He or she would be blamed for not managing the team well even when it's obvious a particular person has not done their job well.

The kind of work to be done may be too big for the employees to handle in a short duration of time. Work should be structured in a way that affords employees the time to do it well and fast as possible. Unless the employees are lazy and incompetent then the blame should fall to them for not meeting the deadline.
In my own opinion I believe that everyone who is a stakeholder in that organisation that has to do with the daily running of the business should take responsibilities for not meeting the financial deadline of the organisation.

Well it surely depends though but at the end of the day too putting out blame instead of addressing such problem so as not to repeat itself should be the next right move to make

Well it surely depends though but at the end of the day too putting out blame instead of addressing such problem so as not to repeat itself should be the next right move to make
If there is an organiser then he is the person to be blamed for not meeting up the deadline because he is the one responsible for organising and arranging everything about a business.

I think the project manager should take the blame as they are the ones who are responsible for disciplining their worker in term of setting the right schedule for working hours, teabreaks, lunches and dayoff all these leads to a lag in work.

The fact remains that if the team leader and his team were given all the necessary working tools like good working conditions and the nesesary financial back up requires to make things happen and the team could not produce any good lead or turnover, then they should receive the blame
For you not to meet deadline I think you should take the blame for yourself because as a dedicated and diligent business man you must always meet deadline for every business contract.

It goes both ways actually. Both the employees and the employer could be blamed. If the right tools and environment is not provided to aid the employees, then the employer should be blamed. But if the conditions are right and employees still didn't deliver, they should no doubt be blamed.
I think to a great extent the empployees has a manager supervising his work and it falls under his preview to see that his subordinate is right on shedule concerning the task he is given,that is his beat to ensure compliance.

I don't really fancy the blame game much, I prefer to look for solutions, sitting around blaming others to me is like a waste of good time that could have been used to get solutions.

The fact remains that if the team leader and his team were given all the necessary working tools like good working conditions and the nesesary financial back up requires to make things happen and the team could not produce any good lead or turnover, then they should receive the blame
The owner of the business will take the blame for not meeting deadline because as the owner of a business you must be able to try and meet up with them now in your contract

I rather blame the employee becomes they know their responsibility but they purposely decided not to do it, they are the one that should have known their responsibilities and meet up to deadline. Sometimes you may even blame both of them.

Although it's not really right to blame the team lead for the disappointment in delivery. Sometimes encouragement goes a long way to ease out some things.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds