Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

A good manager who possesses leadership skills would definitely take the blame for not meeting up deadline and make ways to correct such malfunctions to prevent future occurrences.

Advertisement Placeholder
As for me, if I'm going to say anything, I'm going to criticize the worker because when you're given a deadline, you really need to stick to it and work on whatever you've been given because you have to take your business seriously more than anything else.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
If I am the manager and i have given out tasks to teams with a deadline, I expect the team heads to do their jobs.
Yes, there are other factors I would consider as a limiting factor, but the blame would be on the team leader.

I think the team lead rightly deserves to be blamed for inability to meet up with deadline for meetings and other projects. As a team leader, one has to take responsibility and the task of finishing projects in line before deadline is one of such responsibilities.

Well the balme should be on the workers and if it is a group work than the blame should be on the team leader because he or she failed to carry every one along

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
When it becomes as a custom that's the workers doesn't respect the deadline then we should diagnosis the issue to understand then change what's we should change .

This is a dicey question to answer , normally the leader might have given his team all the neccesary equipment to finish the project in time but on the long process ,they didn't meet the target, its the leader that always took the blame even we he's not to be blame but because he couldn't lead his team well.

Team lead should be the one to be blamed for lack of meeting the right target by the team. Team lead carries the responsibility to motivate everyone in the team to achieve collective goal.

To a very large extent, it is okay to blame the team leader. I say this because the reason for a team leader is for everything to be preplanned and have a lead. He should be responsible for identifying weak links and addressing the situation.

If you re assigned a job and if you miss the deadline, it is only you to be blamed. It does not matter whether you work single or in group, if the task is assigned to you you have to take fill responsibility.

Everyone working on the project should be blamed but the the team leader or manager should take the greater blame. It Clearly shows the leader don't carry out the supervision duty effectively. Some workers are productive most times, when supervised.

Both the team leader and management are to be blamed, they both have their share of the fault. When a deadline is not met even after all needs were met and requirements given, the team leader is at fault, he/she should have put in more efforts to meet up. No client likes disappoint, it is part of what they consider before trusting you with responsibilities and money in future.

The manager should take the blame for not meeting the deadline. He has the capability to influence the speed at which those who are working under him could go. He has a capability to punish whoever is causing low progression on the project so as to meet the deadline.

In a business where the owners want it to thrive, they should not even give room for blame game at all. This is what would make it difficult as no one would want to take responsibility.

In a standard business organisation , it is the employee that must be blame because managers gives out instructions and it is expected that employees carry this instruction and carry out assignment being given to them. This should not be on managers.

The manager in my own opinion should be the one to take the blame because he or she should be the one taking care of the workers and when the workers succed , he or she takes the credit.

I believe that the team manager should have had a meeting with everybody who is involved in the project and talk about how they are going to execute it so he should be the one to be held.

may be due to work to be done may be as well huge for the workers to handle in a brief length of time. Work ought to be organized in a way that manages workers the time to do it well and quick as conceivable. Unless the representatives are apathetic and bumbling at that point the fault ought to drop to them for not assembly the deadline.

The project manager should be blame for not giving all the necessary things at working place, but the company try to look into the matter so to settle everything so that it will never happen again.

The manager should be the one to take the blame of not meeting the deadline given to finish and conclude and delivers a given contract because hes the one in charge of coordinating the workers .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds