Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Where would be best to promote your forum?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Without promoting your forum very well before and after it's launched, it would be very difficult for you to get new members who will join. When you're looking at getting organic members to find and join your forum, which social media site would be your first choice to make use of?

Which social media have been best to promote your forum?

I always go straight to promotional and webmaster forums to promote my sites. This is where you'll be most likely to get more members, since we all use and prefer forums to social media or other platforms. Then I may look into making an ad or social media account on Facebook for my website. I've only promoted a couple of forums on Youtube, and I didn't think it really did anything. To be fair, my channel isn't that popular though. (This was on a alternate channel than the one I use now.)

My forum kind of self-advertises itself through my signature on the official support board since I have a banner linked to my board in my signature and that's the most likely place for people to find and join my board since I have a resource/support forum and people would go to a board like the official support board to try and seek resources or help.

I try advertising on promotion forums when available, but I haven't found many of those on Jcink without the cost of allowing guest posting for a link back, which I'd rather not enable. I have had my board advertised on one RPG/resource board for some time now and my advertisement topic has nearly 8000 views, so I'm sure I've gained some members from that advertisement.

I don't care for social media much, so I have never advertised my board on social media. I don't know if it would get me many members anyway since a resource board is based around the forum software itself and not necessarily a niche that will interest a whole lot of people.

I do not think promoting your community on social media will help you as the audience on social media and the users of community are different people. I believe the best place to promote your forum would be webmaster forums.

I'd find it weird promoting on social media, I don't want my brother, nephews and cousins joining :confused:

I'd find it weird promoting on social media, I don't want my brother, nephews and cousins joining :confused:
You don't get along with your family? Or would it just be weird to know you've got family members on your community, lol. I had a cousin join my very first forum. It didn't feel weird to me, I just thought it was cool he decided to join my community.

It'd just be weird to have family on there tbh, been coping 20 years without them :ROFLMAO:

I know many of my members do know each other personally, we have brothers & sisters on there, partners, friends etc but just not for me.

Many years ago I used to promote my web content on my Facebook account and my relatives used to frequently ask me weird question regarding my work. So, I created a facebook page and started promoting through the page

I think @Cam's FP is a great place to promote forums. IMO people in social media barely care about forums so promoting there might not be as beneficial as it can be when done on a popular forum-promoting site like FP.

Backlinks are important. I would say anywhere that allows you to promote your forum is a good place to promote it. If you're able to do so, perhaps having merchandise made for your forum such as t-shirts and other clothing & accessory items to help get the word out might also spark up interest and get more eyes checking out your forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest