Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Where have you found most of your traffic comes from?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
When it comes to promoting a blog, forum or website sometimes it can feel like you are doing so much promoting and not seeing any results and other times you can do so much promoting and see a lot of results. Do you tend to keep an eye on where your traffic comes from to see what is working best for you or do you tend to just promote and hope for the best?

If you are someone who tends to keep an eye on what works best, where do you find most of your traffic comes from?

I used to use stat counters and Google Analytics of the likes to see where a majority of our traffic comes from, but sometimes it seems like these scripts just bog down the forum. I'm guessing a lot of traffic for my Jcink resource board has come from signature advertising on the official Jcink board since I post around there quite frequently.

When it comes to promoting a blog, forum or website sometimes it can feel like you are doing so much promoting and not seeing any results and other times you can do so much promoting and see a lot of results. Do you tend to keep an eye on where your traffic comes from to see what is working best for you or do you tend to just promote and hope for the best?

If you are someone who tends to keep an eye on what works best, where do you find most of your traffic comes from?
If by "traffic" you mean visits to my website through normal advertising channels, I don't check at all. I just leave a little bait around so I can feel like I have done something, but my earnings are self generated for the most part and that is where I put my efforts.

Most of my traffic tends to come from other forums it seems, according to Google Analytics. Most sites I promote on are forums after all. I do promote somewhat on Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. I've only added links to my forums on a few of my most recent videos and I have thought about making a promotional video for my sites too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest