Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Where are you promoting your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do search, social, email and referral marketing. So, i submit my site on top social media after a publication, i send a weekly newsletters to my subscribers, i add post in blog communities and write content that will rank well on search engine for ongoing traffic!

I promote my site on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Recently, I've been having success on Reddit. If your site appears on Reddit's front page, your traffic will definitely go through the roof.

I've also written a few articles related to my site on HubPages and Squidoo.

I used to promote on ForumPromotion.net for my general discussion forum but not anymore. Right now I'm just promoting on an online game called ourworld.com since my forum is based off of that.

With me I tend to use social media websites, forum promotion websites, word of mouth and also signature links on forums I frequent on a daily basis are methods I use to help promote my site. I am finding that both forum promotion websites and links in my signature are two of the most common ones that work well for me to being traffic to my website.

I currently use various promotion forums as well as some other random websites to promote my websites. I get some traffic like that.

I currently use various promotion forums as well as some other random websites to promote my websites. I get some traffic like that.

Using promotion forums can help your website a whole lot, some may say that their are too many promotion forums and they are useless but that is incorrect. Many of these people's websites depend on promotion forums for success.

You are completely correct, milksheikh. A lot of websites are highly dependent on these promotion forums to get traffic. Even the promotion forums are reliant on each other.

You are completely correct, milksheikh. A lot of websites are highly dependent on these promotion forums to get traffic. Even the promotion forums are reliant on each other.
Agreed, I myself own a promotion forum, I sometimes depend on other webmaster and promotion forums to stay alive for me to promote my own for others to come and promote there. We are all helping each other in one way or another.

Right now I am trying to develop more for my site rather than focus on promoting it right now. Once I get things to an acceptable point, promoting on other forums and SEO are probably a good starting point.

I had never heard of stumbleupon and have just looked it up - however it seems to be one of those sites that you cannot find out what exactly it does without joining first (which is a personal hate of mine). Does anyone use it? How exactly does it work? Is it worth trying in order to promote a news/current affairs forum?

What sites are you currently using to promote your content and yourself?
A long time ago, I used Ezine and ArticleBase. But they weren't really used to promote my content or myself. I used these sites for SEO purposes but my content writing skills were promoted in the process. So my write-ups in those content submission sites landed me a number of freelance writing gigs (because I included them in my portfolio).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds