Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's up with .IO?

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
.IO has gotten some attention as an extension due to it's resemblance to IO or "input and output". In fact, that makes it a trendy extension for tech companies.

Your View of It

What do you think of it? Have you used it? Would you use it? Do you feel the registration price and renewal is reasonable? Myself, I'm not sure if I would use it or not. Well, the registration price is probably high everywhere and also the renewal. Could I be mistaken?

Personally I dislike how it’s perceived as “valuable” such that if you’re a tech company and you don’t have a .io, you’re doing it wrong, which is farcical.

In any case, it’s overpriced for what it is, it’s not inherently special - and it’s another thing the British messed up.

I had never heard of .io until I started participating more in webmaster and admin communities like this one. I've seen one forum that ends in .io and I just thought it was a weird choice, lol.

I think io is good for sites that talk about tech of course but also for gaming sites too. Especially if the site showcases indie games or guides on how to make games. I don't have an issue with anyone using io, but I just think it works better for those types of sites.

I only have one company that i active have .io for. and that was due to .com not for sale/not open for registration.

Domain fees lately are getting expensive...

I only have one company that i active have .io for. and that was due to .com not for sale/not open for registration.

Domain fees lately are getting expensive...
You're not wrong about that, I got a email from namecheap saying that certain domain extensions were getting a price increase. Just the renewal fees for some of these TLD are quite expensive, some can be up to at least $40.

I am surprised why a lot of people give value to dot io, I find it pricy and I avoid it all the time. IO would prefer to go info or net if I cannot get com.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor