Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the difference between a joint venture company and a merger?

That is a great differences between the two Joint business is a business that is established by two or more individuals who come together to establish a business wow merger is a group of company who comes together to form one big Giants organisation that's how I understand it.

Advertisement Placeholder
They are almost the same, a joint ventures are two companies coming together in agreement to carry out a particular project or work while a merge company can be seen as to companies coming together due to financial or managerial problem. One good example of a merge company is diamond Bank and access bank.

They are actually similar but there are differences merger to me is a process whereby two companies come together to form one as a result of one factor or the other while joint venture is when two person or two companies come together from the scratch

A joint venture it is a partnership of two or more people running a business to sharing the profit, or it a cooperation of contract , or joint a is like a partnership between a two or more companies who works together to reach a certain goals,
[automerge]1610372961[/automerge]
A joint venture it is a partnership of two or more people running a business to sharing the profit, or it a cooperation of contract , or joint a is like a partnership between a two or more companies who works together to reach a certain goals,

I have been hearing so much about these two terms, I know there are similarities between them. These are both strategies that businesses take to survive or stay afloat in this very uncertain and very competitive business world right now.
Now I want to know the difference between a joint venture and a merger. Thanks guys as you help me out here.

No matter how much I look at it, I don't seem to find any stark differences between them because both require two or more companies joining together in both resources and everything in order to survive in the business.

For mergers, they already have their own personal business doing, then they come together and start another new one different from what both parties already had. Joint ventures come together to create business and share in both profit and loss.

A joint venture is when a company and another company come together to work on a particular Project or business deal or contract, and after they are done with that project, they go back to their various companies. It is usually like a temporary form of partnership, you guys will get to share the profit and if there is loss, you share it as well. It is short term because it's just for a short period of time. But for a merger, this is where two companies come together to become one company, so that is the difference between thee two.

I think a joint business venture is a business entity created by two or more parties, generally characterized by shared ownership, shared returns and risks, and shared governance. While a merger is when there is a combination of two separate businesses into a single new legal entity.

In a merger, two or more companies combine forces and become a new, separate entity. ... However, in a joint venture, two or more companies combine and share their resources for the purpose of pursuing a specific goal.

A significant distinction between the two sorts of authoritative moves is in the quantity of organizations that outcome. In a consolidation, at least two organizations join powers and become another, isolated substance. The final product is a third organization with an alternate name, another governing body and separate stocks and proprietorship. The first organizations presently don't exist. Notwithstanding, in a joint endeavor, at least two organizations consolidate and share their assets for the motivation behind seeking after a particular objective. The first organizations stay as isolated elements and offer joint possession in a recently shaped organization, which exists exclusively to satisfy its capacity as determined by the joint endeavor arrangement.

Joint venture is like a partnership business. It involves two or more companies investing in a business and sharing the profits. A merger is when two companies come together to become one. They no longer exist as separate entities.

A joint venture is a relationship between two or companies negotiate for a short period of time while a merger is a coming together of two or more companies for a life time..a joint venture can be separated but a merger can't.

The major difference in both joint venture and merger is the management. In merger, two or more companies come together and become one company, with the former ones no longer existing. In joint venture, two or more companies form partnership.

Joint venture company is a company formed by multiple individuals and businesses, a merger is a merging of two or more companies to form a single company.

A joint venture is a partnership that involves sharinging of resources,manpower and structure by some intrested firm and the proceeds shared among them.
But in a merger the firms joins to form a unit organisation with one source of ownership.

I have been hearing so much about these two terms, I know there are similarities between them. These are both strategies that businesses take to survive or stay afloat in this very uncertain and very competitive business world right now.
Now I want to know the difference between a joint venture and a merger. Thanks guys as you help me out here.
I think a joint venture is a business organisation owned by two or more people while a merger is joining of two or more companies together.

A joint venture is a business that is constituted by two difference owners and business that is run as one but have different departments within them

In simple terms, joint ventures happen when two parties or groups of people come together to establish business while merger happens when one company can't continue due to some issues and decide to join another company.

The joint venture is always at the start when the company merges together but the merger could be from after there have been fault in one of the company and the other company decides to merge to achieve their goals or help the other

Joint venture is when two or more people joined their capital, resources and ideas together to establish a single business while merging is the coming together of two or more established businesses to become one entity. While one is people coming together the latter is the coming together of businesses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds