Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What was your biggest forum-related blunder?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not banning a troublesome member early enough, and letting the poison fester until the site had to close :(

Let's see... my biggest mistake would be leaving test account set to moderator as I was testing mod permissions. One of my enemies discovered my mistake, broke into test account and deleted everything while gloating about it to whoever was on that night. I came back on, discovered what was done, made a post admitting my mistake, took full blame for it, then proceeded to encourage community to get their revenge by posting on the board and inviting people to join said board. I ended up recovering everything in a week that originally took a month to post. Post count per day went from barely breaking 300 posts a day to about 1200 or so posts per day afterwards. Needlessly to say, the guilty party was never discovered as they probably died of embarsssment having made successful the board they were trying to ruin. lol

This wasn't me, but it was something I had to deal with. I was a moderator on a forum and the admin usually only logged on Mon-Fri when he was at work, so weekends were pretty much left to the mods to deal with. We used SMF at first, so I can't remember if this was due to an upgrade in software or if it was during our switch over to MyBB, but all the users suddenly had the ability to close threads. Unfortunately, this happened on a Friday afternoon, so I had to post an announcement warning users not to abuse the feature until the admin was back on Monday. 🥴

Probably sending the same message to two members,. and forgetting to change the header with the different username ahaha
This would have been very hilarious honestly and it's going to get really awkward when the member calls your attention that it looks like this message was meant for another person 😂. The look on your face when that happens would be priceless.
Not banning a troublesome member early enough, and letting the poison fester until the site had to close :(
This is very painful!!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds