Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📱 Social Media What social media site do you spend the most time on?

Utilizing social platforms to drive traffic.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Social media is not just a leisure activity, it's become a crucial part of our professional lives. As webmasters, we know that social media platforms can be a potent tool for engagement, outreach, and building a loyal audience base.

This brings me to an intriguing question: "What social media site do you spend the most time on?" I'm not just referring to personal use, but also with respect to managing your websites, promoting content, and connecting with your audience.

We have a multitude of platforms these days, each with its own unique features and audience. There's Facebook with its vast user base, Instagram with a strong focus on visual content, Twitter/X for bite-sized updates, LinkedIn for professional networking, Pinterest for creative ideas, and many more.

So, let's discuss:

1. Which platform do you find yourself spending the most time on, and why?
  2. Does this choice align with where your target audience spends their time? How do you balance your personal preference with the demographics and interests of your audience?
  3. What kind of content do you typically share on this platform?
  4. How have you leveraged this platform for your website's growth?
  5. Do you feel any platform is underappreciated or overlooked by webmasters? Why?
I'm eager to read your thoughts and learn from your experiences. It will be interesting to see if there's a dominant platform among us, or if it's a mixed bag depending on individual preferences and niche requirements.

Reddit is the only social media I actively use. I've never used social media for the purpose of promoting my forum because I'm just not very fond of social media overall and can't find my way around it well. I prefer to promote my site in similar niches to my own site.

It's definitely Facebook for sure and this goes for both personal use and promoting my sites. Facebook is one of the most well established social media sites that's been online for almost 20 years now, I feel that more people use Facebook over the competition. I've used Youtube as well though, but I didn't really get as much traffic with this approach.

I spend most of the time on YouTube. Now a days, for content creators, best way to gain audience or spread a word would be through YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels or even TikTok. The short length video contents are in trend now. So, those of you who are active content creators may try giving it a shot.

1. Which platform do you find yourself spending the most time on, and why?
    - I find that I spend more time on Tiktok lately. This is because I like looking up recipes, watching updates from those I follow, and I also like searching things I might be interested in! Lately "Classroom decor" has been a search lol.
  2. Does this choice align with where your target audience spends their time? How do you balance your personal preference with the demographics and interests of your audience?
    - I do not think my target audience would necessarily spend their time mostly on TikTok, but I'm unsure really. I know if I had a book forum - I definitely could say they are on TikTok quite a bit.
  3. What kind of content do you typically share on this platform?
    - I don't share any content.
  4. How have you leveraged this platform for your website's growth?
    - I have not as I use it just to browse for the most part.
  5. Do you feel any platform is underappreciated or overlooked by webmasters? Why?
    - I do think these platforms could be more used by webmasters. It's hard to be innovative though and it can be difficult to know how to make the content others might want to watch/read.

I don't really actively share on social media anymore, but I have all the usual platforms you would think of. I spend most of my time on TikTok just mindlessly scrolling through videos, and away from that I will usually scroll through Twitter (sorry it's NOT X!). I was an avid Twitter user back in the day, I have over 32,000 tweets, but this year I've tweeted 8 times. Usually just scroll through and like things now or if it's something I really like then I'll retweet it. :ROFLMAO:

I tend to mix things around. I'm using them all but I would not say that I'm active on all of them. I would say that I'm more on Instagram than anywhere else. Unless YouTube and Twitch count.

Which platform do you find yourself spending the most time on, and why?
Like I said more to be with Instagram.

Does this choice align with where your target audience spends their time? How do you balance your personal preference with the demographics and interests of your audience?
I take it with a pinch of salt as you can have a good and bad day, can upload images and get nothing from it or just pooped. Me, I do it anyway using the right tags and let it take it as it happens, not like I'm going to spend money to boost it.

What kind of content do you typically share on this platform?
Gaming images that I may take and share with content that's been posted from the site/forums and passed Twitch streaming

How have you leveraged this platform for your website's growth?
I wish, takes time to build the profile before people go over it, most are not interested.

Do you feel any platform is underappreciated or overlooked by webmasters? Why?
to much crap

Facebook probably racks up most of my time as I do actually enjoy their creator tools for my sites.
I'm curious about examples.

I don't like social media much as ppl tend to present their most glamorous selves whereas I feel ppl are more authentic given the right forum community. Hence I use discord. It gives a more community feel especially with events like game nights being organised.

As a Facebook & Instagram user, I don't glamourize myself. I use Facebook to share my material, engage in conversations with the people I know, and from 2009-12, I conducted interviews with wrestling talent. I use Instagram to share my material with others and interact with those who love all things 80s and 90s. I stay away from Discord, because it can cause a lot of problems.

As a Facebook & Instagram user, I don't glamourize myself. I use Facebook to share my material, engage in conversations with the people I know, and from 2009-12, I conducted interviews with wrestling talent. I use Instagram to share my material with others and interact with those who love all things 80s and 90s. I stay away from Discord, because it can cause a lot of problems.
What types of problems? I mean I see it has such fast flowing convo and it can be hard to keep up and that’s it.

And that’s cool you use social media for that purpose and found it useful for fostering connections 😊👍

I spend my most time on Facebook. I have over a dozen facebook pages and one group. Some of my pages and the group do not have a lot of activities, but some of my pages have a moderate number of followers. I get traffic to my site through facebook pages. I also use facebook other services such as marketplace, shop, etc.

I'm all over the social media landscape, from Instagram's visual charm to Facebook's business prowess, and even TikTok for some creative vibes. But, if I had to pick where I spend the most time, it's definitely Facebook. I've got two pages – one for business and the other for personal stuff. It helps me keep things organized and maintain a clear line between my professional and personal spheres. On my business page, I'm all about promoting and expanding my customer base. I use Facebook's targeting tools to the max and even dabbled in getting some facebook likes for sale to give my content that extra boost. It's been a fantastic way to attract attention to my content and expand my presence on the platform.

Last edited:
I tend to post over on Blusky, my Mastodon accounts, Spoutible, and sometimes over on Threads. I don't really visit Facebook much at all for several years now. Find the experience not as pleasurable when viewing things that are not of interest and even of those posts I do want to see, they're not as much in my feed.

Primarily Twitter (I still prefer Twitter, not X haha). I do want to get into Mastodon more, but not many people use it tbh.

I rarely load up FB. I do have a few IFTTT setups to auto share my announcements from my forum to my twitter/fb/discord/etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest