Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General What kind of new forums are you planning?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Let's face it, forums have always been the cornerstone of online communities. From the early days of the internet to now, they've evolved in so many interesting ways. So what kind of new forums are you currently planning or would love to see come to life?

With new software updates on the horizon (Invision Community v5 and XenForo 2.3/3.0) we might see a rise in new communities popping up soon. And thus, there may be some members here planning a new forum? Let's hear it! :)

I don't have any new ideas in the works, but I must say that with what Invision 5 is bringing to the fore, one would be foolish not to consider it. Many influencers are turning to Mighty Networks or Kajabi, which are pretty vanilla if you ask me. Invision is about to perfectly blend traditional forums with the features of these new community products and land the perfect community software, imo.

I have a few ideas and a few extra domain names. I'm thinking about either making a community based around the DC superhero team the Teen Titans, especially since there's a live action movie coming out or a community based around the monster collecting genre of games. I don't know if I really should go through with either one though lol. I do have the domain name TeenTitans.info, maybe I should utilize it...

I don't have any plans to create any more forums. Most forums I would want to create would be very niche-specific and hard to promote because of that. That's why I closed down my Yu-Gi-Oh Marketplace board two separate times because it takes specialized promotion to gain traction. I plan to ride it out with Jcink for as long as possible since I enjoy the type of coding I do on the platform and feel the software needs a resource board that is massive in resources. If Jcink is ever shut down, I may toss some ideas around, but the likelihood of me sticking to it is very thin. I'd probably just become a lurker and poster of other people's forums.

Got into bringing one of my Xenforo licenses back to life with an idea I had been mulling over for a bit now. Mostly was going to play around with 2.3 but decided actually to go with the forum as a production site. Might mess around with the new beta on a testing site, to see how it goes.

Well scratch the idea of making a Teen Titans related website, I'm working on reviving Mighty No. 9 Universe! I purchased the domain name mightyno9universe.com again lol. It was on Jcink, but I've moved to self hosting and converted the forum from Jcink to phpbb2 to SMF. I just need to upgrade SMF to the latest version, grab the images from my Jcink forum, install a theme, fix lots of broken quotes, and send out a mass email to everyone once things are good to go. Even though the game was mediocre and I don't think the community will be as active as it once was, it's still part of video game history IMO.

I have a plan to start a community on online business niche where there will be a dedicated marketplace to buy and sell websites.

Anime Online has been a concept I have had for quite a while. and now that I have will have the time after having to quit my job due to health reasons I can do things that I have always wanted to do with my communities.

Anime Online has been a concept I have had for quite a while. and now that I have will have the time after having to quit my job due to health reasons I can do things that I have always wanted to do with my communities.
I’m sorry to hear about your health issues but hey more free time to work on your hobbies is a plus! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got cooking for your sites!

I’m sorry to hear about your health issues but hey more free time to work on your hobbies is a plus! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got cooking for your sites!
it's Nothing bad I'm just a liability to the company now that my right eye has gone completely blind. being legally blind, to begin with, was an issue anyway. So I thought it was the right time to leave. As for my forums, Anime Online is live I am working on restructuring Anime Insight.

My newest projects are a math/science and biz/web development one. I am using SMF for them. I might keep them on it, but maybe I will upgrade to XF or Wolt Lab.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor