Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between self employed and business onwer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different deferences between a self employed person and a business owner but I can just mention few.
1 a self employed is not involved in any business why a business owner runs a particular trade.

Advertisement Placeholder
Is there any difference between business owner and self employed?
Depending on the context they are used, I think they are much likely the same thing. If you are self employed, you are not working for anyone but yourself and if you are a business owner, you are self employed going on with your business by yourself.

If you’re self-employed, when do you start feeling like a small business owner — or do you ever reach that point?

For me, I never “officially” felt like a small business owner, even though I had all the key factors of being one:

I had part-time employees whom I outsourced work to
I had clients
I had business insurance
I had a business name
The IRS considered me to be a business (woohoo!)
But those signs just didn’t convince me that I owned a small business. Mentally and emotionally, I identified as being self-employed. To this day, I still look back on my entrepreneurial history as a period of self-employment, and not necessarily that of being a small business owner.

There's really not very much difference between the two, a business owner is self-employed while a self-employed individual is also a owner of business big or small.

There is no doubt that these two things are the same.
But I think there's a little bit of a difference between them when you talk about self-employment. I think we're sometimes doing that job under someone, so as far as the idea of being self-employed in business centers is concerned, of course you will have your own hold in it.

I think they are similar to each other because being self employed means generating your own business through creativity while being a business owner requires innovation from somewhere or someone before establishing the business and become a business owner
[automerge]1612723795[/automerge]
I think they are similar to each other because being self employed means generating your own business through creativity while being a business owner requires innovation from somewhere or someone before establishing the business and become a business owner

Self employed implies that you are the sole owner of the business, an individual from a business patnership or a self employed entity.

A sole owner is a one individual business without a legitimate substance like an enterprise or patnership . You are the solitary proprietor of a business and are completely answerable for all financials, including any expected obligation.

Self-employed people are those who own their own businesses and work for themselves.self-employed if you act as a sole proprietor or independent contractor, or if you own an unincorporated business.

Self employment means that you are the sole proprietor of the business, a business person is someone who is directly into trading and manufacturing activities,the activities could be carried out on his behalf,in his absence or even in case of death of the person.

If you ask me, I don't think there is any difference. I think they are the same, using different terms. I am saying this because the moment you officially decide to earn income through your own business, you will become self-employed, and a business owner too.

A business owner manages the owner and in charge of the business. He may employ other workers to be working for him. He may even be in partnership with other person. A self employed is one who employs himself. He only works without other workers.

To me, I do not see any major difference, but all I could get out of this is been a self-employed is actually getting something that can fetch you income based on your own ideas or skill learnt, but now talking of a business owner I think owning a business is the advance level of been a self-employed person in the first place. but the difference can be their aim and objective which might be different, their vision and mission are likely to be different as well.

Both self employed and business owners are the same. I don't see any difference between both. A business owner is always employing himself and also bring in more people as employees, to help build such business to his or her taste. If someone can employ himself, then he is self employed business owner.

The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business. Independent contractors, sole proprietors of businesses, and individuals joined in a partnership are all self-employed persons.
It depends on how you look at it and things play out. One person could be the two. For instance, when you solely create a business without partner, you are the business owner and when you also work as a staff there then you are a self employed business person.

A self-employed person refers to any person who earns their living from any independent pursuit of economic activity, as opposed to earning a living working for a company or another individual an employer. A self-employed person is not often the same thing as being a business owner. The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business.
Alternatively, a business owner has an ownership stake but may not be involved in the day-to-day operations of the company

Business owner and self employed
It's almost likely to be the same thing and it's hardly to differentiate between them but nevertheless business owner owns the business while self employed may likely to be someone that is working for his or her self

The owner of a business, for instance, may hire employees and essentially become the boss—an employee-owner who operates and manages the business. Independent contractors, sole proprietors of businesses, and individuals joined in a partnership are all self-employed persons.
I think they all mean the same thing. You are just repeating the same thing. A self-employed person is the same thing as a business owner. There are some advantages you can enjoy when you are the master of your own. You can make useful decisions that will favour you in your business.

a business owner is someone who owns a business and he or she is in charge of that business she can decide or he can decide what to do with the business while a self-employed can be a person with skill and this skill is something that is in a generating the person an income for a living.

The number of people under their payroll is what makes the difference between self-employed and a business owner. The maximum number of people working under in self-employment pressing is usually less than 20. While that of a big business starts from 50 workers. so the starting point is the self-employed once you continue to do it can metamorphose into big business.

business owner is the owner of the business is the one that created the business is the founder of the business are you getting me a small scale business you know where the person who created this is the like the only one managing it a business owner can employ people to work with him because going to be more of a medium to a large company but a self-employed person is like going to be the only one there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds