Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you hate in chat groups?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Ever since chat messenger apps like WhatsApp and the rest keeps coming out, people used to create group chats and add people of same interest in the group.

I don't have any problems being in any chat group but I hate it when people spam the group with irrelevant messages that's not on what the group is all about or people swearing and cursing in the group. It pisses me off big time and I exit groups as a result of that alone.

Spam and over using gifs. Don’t get me wrong, I like gifs. But not a whole conversation with gifs. :p

Group chats don't really annoy me unless I'm trying to get to sleep and I can hear my phone constantly vibrating, then I need to mute the chat. I'm only in a few though to be fair.

Group chats don't really annoy me unless I'm trying to get to sleep and I can hear my phone constantly vibrating, then I need to mute the chat. I'm only in a few though to be fair.
Oh yes, that can be annoying too. Especially when working or sleeping. With friends groups for going out or events, I usually leave the group and get the information from it from my spouse who stays in the group chat.

Spam and over using gifs. Don’t get me wrong, I like gifs. But not a whole conversation with gifs. :p
I hardly make use of gifs but I love it when they are used in moderation too and not messing up the entire chat group with irrelevant gifs.

What I use most now specifically on WhatsApp are stickers. They can be very funny.

I dislike how fast some of these group chats can move. It's super hard to keep up with every single thing, and then when people mention 'didn't you hear about [x]? we posted it in group chat!'.

Also yeah, spam and overuse of GIFs is an issue too. This happens even in Discord servers I am in.

I dislike how fast some of these group chats can move.
I can relate. When people are posting so fast that you have to re-read previous messages, it can become an annoyance. That's why I try to stay away from overly large Discord servers.

This is how I feel with the exact look on Tom's face whenever I'm trying to get some sleep very late in the night around 12:00 AM or 1:00 AM and someone would still be bugging in lots of chat in the group.

FB_IMG_1675834076982.jpg

Ever since chat messenger apps like WhatsApp and the rest keeps coming out, people used to create group chats and add people of same interest in the group.

I don't have any problems being in any chat group but I hate it when people spam the group with irrelevant messages that's not on what the group is all about or people swearing and cursing in the group. It pisses me off big time and I exit groups as a result of that alone.

I hate insults. I may find it difficult to be in a group where members are always insulting and verbally abusing one another. It is never rhe the best of situation to be in.

I hate insults. I may find it difficult to be in a group where members are always insulting and verbally abusing one another. It is never rhe the best of situation to be in.
It's why I love it when some group administrators are firm when tackling such people. There's a guy in one football group which I'm in doesn't spare such behaviour in the group. Anything insult to another gets you 2 weeks ban from the group.

Hmm I don't really have anything I've recently experienced about a group chat. I do kind of hate overly too many gifs and not a real discussion. xD

Oh yes, that can be annoying too. Especially when working or sleeping. With friends groups for going out or events, I usually leave the group and get the information from it from my spouse who stays in the group chat.
Just depends on how busy I am really. If i just wanna make plans, i get overwhelmed when ppl spam the group with OT messages.

Hmm I don't really have anything I've recently experienced about a group chat. I do kind of hate overly too many gifs and not a real discussion. xD
Me too, but again depends on my mood. If i’m hyper i’ll spam back with gifs.

I was always added to group chats with friends but they used to spam it during the night. They also used to make several different chats with the same people in them which I never understood why.
I'm not in any group chats anymore as I don't like them.

I was always added to group chats with friends but they used to spam it during the night. They also used to make several different chats with the same people in them which I never understood why.
I'm not in any group chats anymore as I don't like them.
yea i prefer using group chats just for plans really. i hate the constant spamming over nothing, it's overwhelming for me

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest