Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Do You Do?

Clarice

Reputable member
Website
creatorsconnection.net
Credits
I recently discovered a site that already bears the name of my board so what do you do if this happens? The gist of this issue is they already even have the domain claimed on it so there is nothing I can do about it. I am considering a name change on my board itself.

Lucky in that respect ;) what can you do? well, you can claim that domain and request to take that name :p Ends up being no or they are or would be asking for allot of money for it, depends if they are big or small and what makes you worth more than them.

Some names are almost the same but mean something different in terms of the world Bayside :p

Perhaps you could come up with another name? You could also get the .net domain name if the .com is taken, but you don't want to come off as seeming like you're copying another site.

I know when I originally wanted a URL, I figured out to add something in order to keep it. I wanted Atrium.com we ended with Atriumforum.com If this does not work for you, perhaps a different name or change it just a little to tweak it.

I thought this was going to be a thread about what everyone does for a living :p

I was going to say I solve peoples' problems. Well I can try to solve yours. You may want to apply for a trademark of your brand name in your country and acquire a cool modern domain vs the one that's already taken.

A cool TLD like .forum

1700015199899.png

I was thinking about a name change but I can't afford to add a domain to it right now. Because it is currently on Jcink I am stuck as far as the link. I really wish I could.

I was thinking about a name change but I can't afford to add a domain to it right now. Because it is currently on Jcink I am stuck as far as the link. I really wish I could.

That sounds fun, can I get the domain for you and point it at your jcink?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest