Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do to first time spammers?

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
No forum administrator will be comfortable with any user spamming on their forums or blogs. We all would want to have quality content on the website. However, when one makes the mistake of spamming for the first time on your website, how do you get to handle that?

Warning Points, temporary moderation, and a PM pointing them to the terms of service portion that they agreed to obey upon registering, with a kindly reminder not to violate the rules again.

It's difficult for me to imagine spam deserving tolerance beyond the mercy of a quick death, but maybe that's because spam for me is chatgpt powered bots en masse sneaking in links or using various methods to bypass standard protection so they can do it. Perhaps you mean people (not chatbots) who turn up simply to promote something, a pump and run. If I'm convinced that is the case some, lenience would be warranted; a reminder of what the place is for and how to conduct.

If they come to post a spam advertisement and then leave, they will likely be banned on the spot, especially if the advertisement is a website it seems like a bot would post. When it's a small amount of spam, I'll probably just clean it up and give them a verbal warning first and if they continue that's when we get more serious.

If their spam is that classy to me, I give a straight ban without second thought. But if is something that can be looked into, then I do give a warning, giving the community TOS and rules is not to be left behind.

Worse gets ban right away after posting more then just words and those that are spammers but you didn't think that they are end up being or getting warnings and so many warnings end up being an ban :)

Banned. There is no second time for spammers. Myself and most of the forums I frequent have had this problem for a while. However she seems to have gotten bored. I have about 40 user names and emails banned in my ACP. For each banned email she has to go through the bother of creating another one..plus thinking of a new user name. She hasn't tried for ages now.

Spamming is a serious offense either for first timers or old timers. It is there in the forum’s rules and regulations that spamming is a punishable offense. Anyone that still engages in it should be banned.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor