Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What colors do you like to see when viewing a forum or blog?

Kale

Addicted member
Retired Staff
Credits
What are some colors that you like and think go well with a forum or blog site? What colors should I and others avoid? What are some colors you would like to see on a forum that's not used a lot?

I wonder what forum I've seen that on recently. :unsure:😏

The possibilities are endless I suppose, but you definitely need to have colours that compliment each other and don't clash. I like blues and greens. Also a fan of orange too, but I feel it's very niche and hard to get right.

I'm fond of blue/grey/white-toned themes, but if the theme is structured well enough in terms of contrast and color blend, then I think I could admire most color schemes.

I prefer darker themes myself so I usually like to see grey/black tones mixed with green and blue. Green, black and blue are my favorite colors though so I suppose that's why. :p

I like to see colours. Yes, all of them. Even that one there that no-one else likes.

Reason being is that I like to see personality on a site, and as long as I can still read the content, I couldn't really care less what colours are around it. In a way I miss that GeoCities trend of old to have all the colours: it might not have been *popular* but it had personality, unlike a lot of the quite sterile environments of today.

Nothing wrong with pink on a theme. I might suggest not to have many many other colours with it but I really do miss the days when people just strutted their stuff and had whatever flowed with their vibe.

I like to see colours. Yes, all of them. Even that one there that no-one else likes.

Reason being is that I like to see personality on a site, and as long as I can still read the content, I couldn't really care less what colours are around it. In a way I miss that GeoCities trend of old to have all the colours: it might not have been *popular* but it had personality, unlike a lot of the quite sterile environments of today.
^This.

Any colors can work for a web design/theme. It is a matter of making sure that the colors used flow together well and do not cause legibility issues.

There are tools nowadays like WebAIM's contrast checker which makes this a bit easier.

I avoid yellow and other very bright colors like the plague. Especially if it's something like yellow-on-white. It's just so hard to read.

I prefer medium-dark colors. My favorite color is purple so I always try to add a dash of purple on whatever site I make.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor