Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Are The Three Books You Will Recommend An Entrepreneur?

I don't read books to become a successful entrepreneurs, unless reading a writing tutorials here online. Watch video tutorials also to get enlightened about how to be a successful entrepreneur, as a business owner.

I thought I was the only one - I'm exactly the same as you! I much prefer to watch YouTube videos, documentaries and tv programmes such as The Apprentice (UK) and Dragon's Den. I honestly find reading these books boring, especially because they can be very heavy on 'business speak'. But I do want to say thanks to the OP for sharing:)

Advertisement Placeholder
I love The richest man in Babylon I cant remember the name of the author but it is a very good book.
Robert Kiyosaki's Rich dad poor dad is another book that is a must read for every entrepreneur looking to start a business.

I thought I was the only one - I'm exactly the same as you! I much prefer to watch YouTube videos, documentaries and tv programmes such as The Apprentice (UK) and Dragon's Den. I honestly find reading these books boring, especially because they can be very heavy on 'business speak'. But I do want to say thanks to the OP for sharing:)
Watching youtube videos that explains what business you are interested in, will surely clear understanding than just writing books about your particular business choice. The only articles I read everyday are the ones I read here, other forums and my video game writings.

Watching youtube videos that explains what business you are interested in, will surely clear understanding than just writing books about your particular business choice. The only articles I read everyday are the ones I read here, other forums and my video game writings.
Yes, I too prefer business information in bite-sized chunks rather than sitting there with someone's idea of good business practices, which is often delivered in a stuffy, boring way. If anything, I'd rather read my heroes' autobiographies, people I admire and respect such as Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Group), Lord Alan Sugar (British business magnate and political advisor) and Sir Phillip Green (Arcadia Group).

Yes, I too prefer business information in bite-sized chunks rather than sitting there with someone's idea of good business practices, which is often delivered in a stuffy, boring way. If anything, I'd rather read my heroes' autobiographies, people I admire and respect such as Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Group), Lord Alan Sugar (British business magnate and political advisor) and Sir Phillip Green (Arcadia Group).
Interesting, this individuals you mentioned made history with their respective business careers. That's why their autobiographies sold immensely, and people became more attracted to follow their footsteps to achieve greatness.

Interesting, this individuals you mentioned made history with their respective business careers. That's why their autobiographies sold immensely, and people became more attracted to follow their footsteps to achieve greatness.
Absolutely! And I have watched them very closely, especially Lord Sugar when he headed The Apprentice, UK. I just love to hear their stories and how they arrived at where they are now. Branson may be a seasoned and accomplished businessman now but he fell a couple of times and recovered very, very well. These people don't claim to be perfect, that's why they inspire me so much.

Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh​

• Pay brand-new employees $2,000 to quit
  • Make customer service the responsibility of the entire company-not just a department
  • Focus on company culture as the #1 priority
  • Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business
  • Help employees grow-both personally and professionally
  • Seek to change the world
  • Oh, and make money too . . .

Absolutely! And I have watched them very closely, especially Lord Sugar when he headed The Apprentice, UK. I just love to hear their stories and how they arrived at where they are now. Branson may be a seasoned and accomplished businessman now but he fell a couple of times and recovered very, very well. These people don't claim to be perfect, that's why they inspire me so much.
That is interesting to learn from their successful stories, of lord sugar and Brandon. One thing that inspired from their story, is the way they acted, they view themselves as not perfect business men, even if the are successful in the business endeavors. Some people who gained such fame will always say they have attended perfection in life, that it gonna be hard to come down as ordinary men. God always favours those that brings themselves to normal and not those that feel so presumptuous, make researches thoroughly, you gonna see those that puff up a lot never longed and enjoy happiness till the end.

Reading inspires a lot. So an entrepreneur needs reading for new idea. I will recommend Think and Grow Rich, Richest Man in Babylon and 48 Laws of Power. These are great books that shape our reasoning and thinking.

The Lean Startup by Eric Reis

Over 10 years old by now but a modern classic. Eric Reis talks about his experience building IMVU (a company that let people make their own avatars in a virtual world) and lays out the “lean startup” framework that has become very popular. The core idea is to fail fast and iterate quickly; that you learn the most by doing and not to fixate on making products or services perfect before you launch them.

I've read several books without remembering the authors name. Reading for me has really been expository it has expanded the bandwidth of my mind in such a way that it cannot go back to its original stage anymore.

I am not a fun of books.Time to read those books and the passion of it is what I lack.I have been hearing a lot about Robert but haven't taken time to read his books.I am a fun a lot of YouTube videos and shows talking about money issues. I only watch relevant content to me.

You don't necessarily need to read buisness books before you become successful.there are some things that needs to be done before reading books eg attending seminars, researching, learning of new skills and watching some business plan online.

That is interesting to learn from their successful stories, of lord sugar and Brandon. One thing that inspired from their story, is the way they acted, they view themselves as not perfect business men, even if the are successful in the business endeavors. Some people who gained such fame will always say they have attended perfection in life, that it gonna be hard to come down as ordinary men. God always favours those that brings themselves to normal and not those that feel so presumptuous, make researches thoroughly, you gonna see those that puff up a lot never longed and enjoy happiness till the end.
I too like that about them all. I strongly believe no matter how successful you become or however much money you make, you should always remain humble and grounded. That's something I aspire to be and always strive for.

The same thing goes for the authors I mentioned. One of the authors I mentioned is Donald Trump, apart from being US president, he is a successful real estate investor and one of world richest people in the world. Likewise everyone who is on my list is also an expert on their fields.

The same thing goes for the authors I mentioned. One of the authors I mentioned is Donald Trump, apart from being US president, he is a successful real estate investor and one of world richest people in the world. Likewise everyone who is on my list is also an expert on their fields.
That's nice, real estate investment is one of the broadest investment project one can do and be rest assure to control large amount of money. If well invested and built to it's best to attract rentals and other options, it gonna steadily generate income till time indefinite.

For most entrepreneurs starting out, it’s almost impossible to think about how they could move their businesses into multi-million dollar organizations, or even what choices to make when they start to arrive, and this is where the book really comes into its own.

There are quite a few books I'd recommend. I have seen a lot of recommend rich dad poor dad great book by the way ,infact all the books Robert kiyosaki ever wrote. I'd suggest you check out Grant cordone ,tai Lopez and Bob proctor , these authors have written successful books that will help people become a better entrepreneur and marketing genius.

Reading is key to riches as it helps to get ahead of others. In this civilized society of ours, information is what we need to achieve wealth, unlike before when you needed to work hard every day. "Rich Dad and Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki is a book I feel all potential enterprenuer should read in order to get financial education and get rid of poverty mentality.

I have only just read one of the books listed above and I would be glad to explore and learn from the rest which I haven't gotten a hold of. But I would gladly recommend SELL LIKE CRAZY BY Sabri Subi to every entrepreneur out there who wants their business to grow financially.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds