Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what are the things investors look for in a business proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your background, experience, and credibility. Specifically, what experience do you have with startups. Have you run a startup? Have you been an employee or team member of a startup? And of course your education, degrees, schools, etc. And your work experience.
  2. Your team members' backgrounds and experience. If you don't have any team members, have you identified the key skills you need and candidates to hire? Are they likely to come on board? What are their backgrounds, skills, and experience? Who will do the administration, production, marketing, and sales?
  3. What problem do you solve, and what's your solution? I want to understand the needs and wants so I can decide for myself on product-market fit. What kinds of people or organizations have that problem, and how badly do they need or want what you are going to sell? For that you have to give me the whys and the background, the stories, not just the numbers; but numbers are good.
  4. And why you? Why are you more qualified than anybody else. Why and how did you get into this business. What sparked your interest? What qualifications do you (and your team) have. How can you keep others from jumping in on your business if it's successful? Patents are nice in some industries, but only good patents, that are well written and actually protect. Trade secrets are useful. Some sort of secret sauce is important.
  5. Competition. Who else is doing what you are, or solving what you solve? How do they do it? Don't say you have no competition, that sends a red flag alert that you are being naive. If you're so new or so good that you don't have competition now, you will after you launch.
  6. Traction and Key Metrics. How long have you been up and running, and how many customers or subscribers or sales or visits or downloads or conversions or leads and inquiries? What are your metrics so far? Where do you see them going.
  7. Milestones met, and milestones to come. I want to see both what you've done and what you plan to do. Your valuation today is about what you've accomplished already. What you plan to accomplish gives me an idea of possible future valuations.
  8. Strategy. Strategy is focus. What markets, what products, what specific attributes of your business make this focus realistic? What markets are you avoiding, and why? Do you have a staging plan, strategic markets first?
  9. Tactics. Tactics are essentials like pricing, channels, online, social, marketing, sales, financial plans. Do they match the strategy?
  10. Essential projections. Sales forecast built from bottoms-up assumptions, spending budget, projected P&L, balance, and cash flow. I don't expect you to be right in your forecasts, but I do expect you to have useful assumptions about drivers of sales, percentages of spending categories, major indicators like sales per employee, etc. I want you to understand the trade-off between growth and profits, and aim for growth. Your numbers don't go straight into my numbers because I don't believe yours; but I want yours to make sense.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I am an investor as an investor that I am I will look into a lot of things and example of the things I will look into it who are the people that is managing the business and if the business has been registered with the government, those are the things I will ask.
[automerge]1612480856[/automerge]
If I am an investor as an investor that I am I will look into a lot of things and example of the things I will look into it who are the people that is managing the business and if the business has been registered with the government, those are the things I will ask.

Company uniqueness. Your product or services need to be unique. Prove to your investors, with concrete evidence, that your market potential is big enough to make investing worthwhile.

Venture capitalists’ are influenced by product characteristics such as proprietary features and competitive advantage

The must inprotan thin is you business plans what type of business you are starting and fro how long will it take to be profitable what is the goal of starting it .

1.Company Description – What does your company do? What is your mission statement and overall product or service focus?

2.Management Team – Give a brief description of your key employees with respect to leadership, education, background and work experience.

3.Problem Being Solved – What problem is your company solving and how great is the pain or waste?

4.Customers – Who are your potential customers? Does your product or service directly impact your customer’s bottom line?

What most investors always look out for in a business proposal is a concrete business plan backed by concise feasibility studies and a convincing estimated profit returns of the business. In this proposal you have to be able to convince the investors on how profitable the business is going to be you have to show them how serious the business is what you intend to do to make the business very profitable and if you are able to convince them in such a proposal I think they will likely invest in your business.

As an investor, what I normally look for in a business proposal is the profitability lndex, risk factors, sustainability factors, pay back period of the capital cash flow statement and Return on investment.

Most things that investors look out for in a business proposal are the interest rate. Every investors wants to know how much he or she will make out of the business if they invest in your business, they want to know the give out percentage.

The company name, contact information and company logo.
Table of contents. Company background and opportunity summary: Provide a quick history of the company and describe the basic market need and your company solution.

Investors are smart people they go for business with minimum risks. So investors the things investors looks in a business proposal is the amount they will make from the business and the risk involve. If the risk Out ways the benefits.

An investor will look out for certain things like, the potential of the business, is it something that will maximize profit, is it a business that has competitors on ground, how much they will gain from it. No one would invest in something they wont benefit from, that is why it is important to have a good business plan because if it is poorly structured, you wont have investors.

There are many things that investor will like to look for in a proposal before they can have interest in a business because they won't like to lose money. Investor will look for your business background, they will look for your business plan, your performance, they will look for your goals setting, your budget.

Every investor want profit, but no investor will want to throw his or her money into any business that doesn't have a good survival structure, investors want to see how you invest to go about the business and how his profit will be protected every month without stories.

There’re certain aspects of a business proposal that investors focus their attention. The company mission and value is very essential when composing a business proposal. This will give investors the understanding on the basis of business and possible growth of the company by relatively evaluating the business with the current environments. Also finacial considerations is another important aspect investor focus on. Financial consideration will give the investors an insight on amount of money needed to start The business

Investors look at the background and the experience of the company before accepting a proposal
I don't don't want to invest in a small or company with a good background and good reputation
Investors loves companies with great result.

Investors look for few things which are exclusive secrets to why they should invest. They don't look for many things. They look for the interest the investment will bring, they look for the risk attached to the investment. And the future of the investment

Given that it's an investor we are talking about, then most probably they are looking for how much their ROI is gonna be or their return on investment. Perhaps they're gonna look on the plans the company have and will execute.

Some of the things that investor look for in a business proposal include, the viability and sustainability of the business. This answers the question, is the business feasible, can it be accomplished? Another important thing they look for is the marketing plan. They look to see how you plan to make sales and generate revenue in order to make profit.

What are the things the investors look out for in a business plan, the Truth is the major things they look at is how feasible is the project, how realistic is it as well are the major focus of an investor. They wouldn't want to invest in something that would not yield profit

Expect investors to evaluate your revenue streams, acquisition cost and turnover rates.
  • Background and experience in the industry. Investors don't want entrepreneurs to make mistakes on their dime. ...
  • Company uniqueness. Your product or services need to be unique. ...
  • Effective business model..
  • Large market size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds