Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Wazzup from New York!?!

Big Dan

Website
dantheman.me
Credits
Hi Folks,

Long time forum user / admin here I started with vBulletin in 2006 or so. I moved onto XenForo after the vB 4 licensing fiasco. I see a few familiar names here. Some of you may know me from Web Talk Forums, vBulletin-FAQ, etc. I go by Dan The Man on some forums but it's already taken here. :geek:

After beginning with forums, I started tinkering with servers and such which led me to being web host for a couple of forums and quite a few WordPress sites. I passed ODJT, my largest forum on to one of my moderators a couple of years back. I still tech admin for him. I had a major health scare in 2021 which both lost me a bunch of clients and caused me to step back from online business.

Anyways, I'm pretty much back to normal (or as normal as I'm going to get 🤪) and looking to get back into forums. I've had Big Guy Lil World (a men's health forum) up for a few years but haven't done much with it. I'll be starting to build out that board within the next month.

In no specific order I'm fluent in vBulletin, Xenforo, phpBB, myBB, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and a few other CMSes. I'm good with WHM/cPanel and surprisingly good with DNS which seems to scare most people. 🙃

Outside of geek stuff I enjoy taking care of the family, walking out in nature, drinking tons of coffee on the daily, reading, music, and a bunch of other things but yous don't need a laundry list.

I'm looking forward to learning, contributing and BSing here on AJ. 🍻

What a great intro Dan. Welcome aboard! :) Thank you for registering and be part of our lovely community! 😄

Hey Dan, welcome to the forum! It's nice to have yet another webmaster on the forum that has a lot of webmastering experience! Hopefully, you can learn from us and we'll learn from you too! (y)

I go to Newburgh, NY all the time. Was there today and I am going tomorrow as well. You right off route 17.
It's a small world! I used to go to the dispensary in Newburgh. I don't get down there that often these days, but Newburgh is much livelier than my little town; I always had fun down there.

It's a small world! I used to go to the dispensary in Newburgh. I don't get down there that often these days, but Newburgh is much livelier than my little town; I always had fun down there.
Yeah, I sometimes go to Deposit, NY to get a load of wood pellets. In Newburgh, I deliver to Pepsi.

What's up Big Dan, welcome to Admin Junkies! Always cool to see someone from the older days of forums pop up here, can't say I recognize your username though but I never frequented the forums you've listed lol. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hi Folks,

Long time forum user / admin here I started with vBulletin in 2006 or so. I moved onto XenForo after the vB 4 licensing fiasco. I see a few familiar names here. Some of you may know me from Web Talk Forums, vBulletin-FAQ, etc. I go by Dan The Man on some forums but it's already taken here. :geek:

After beginning with forums, I started tinkering with servers and such which led me to being web host for a couple of forums and quite a few WordPress sites. I passed ODJT, my largest forum on to one of my moderators a couple of years back. I still tech admin for him. I had a major health scare in 2021 which both lost me a bunch of clients and caused me to step back from online business.

Anyways, I'm pretty much back to normal (or as normal as I'm going to get 🤪) and looking to get back into forums. I've had Big Guy Lil World (a men's health forum) up for a few years but haven't done much with it. I'll be starting to build out that board within the next month.

In no specific order I'm fluent in vBulletin, Xenforo, phpBB, myBB, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and a few other CMSes. I'm good with WHM/cPanel and surprisingly good with DNS which seems to scare most people. 🙃

Outside of geek stuff I enjoy taking care of the family, walking out in nature, drinking tons of coffee on the daily, reading, music, and a bunch of other things but yous don't need a laundry list.

I'm looking forward to learning, contributing and BSing here on AJ. 🍻
Welcome to the forum! I too enjoy nature & walking in it. It's quite relaxing. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor