Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Warning Levels

lucky

Credits
On your forum, do you have different warning levels per offense or do you have a flat out warning.

What I have always done is just a flat out warning. I warn them and then send the user a PM explaining that the issue needs to be corrected and if its not, it will go to a temp ban. That usually fixes whatever the issue was in the first place.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have setup warning levels, because I do believe that some actions should be punished with more than just one warning 'point'. It also makes it easier for the moderators to give out warnings, because they can select among the most common offenses.

I have setup warning levels, because I do believe that some actions should be punished with more than just one warning 'point'. It also makes it easier for the moderators to give out warnings, because they can select among the most common offenses.
I Agree with this.
WebGuru has the warning system set up that it gives out a different amount of points depending on the user's actions. Some actions the points will even disappear over time, others stay permanently.

I work in many online communities as Moderator / Community Team Member, so I need to know how to use many warning systems. In most of the forums, there are some levels / points which are added and some of them ( which are not reminders or warnings for major rules ) may get removed over time. It is pretty useful and I don't really using an unorganized system which is not moderator-friendly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds