Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved Values for Credits?

kensonplays

Mesozoic Haven Owner
Credits
I searched and looked back like 5 pages couldn't see anything.

What are the values for credit earning?

For example, on my site (plugin disabled temporarily for SQL bugs) after 50 words, you earn a bit more credits per word after (0.03/word). Do you have something similar to this?

I have a info thread that details all the various ways to earn them, that might be an idea to add.

It looks like I only earn 1 credit per post.

I guess it's 1 credit per post and 5 - 10 credits per thread depending on various factors. Cedric will explain. It's a good question! 😊

Was going to get a detailed topic, but there's not much to detail about.

A post is 1 credit. No matter the length.
A thread is 3 credits but depending on the length, could be upto 30-40 credits if the thread is really long. (Example: https://admin-junkies.com/threads/the-ideal-user-to-moderator-ratio.3818/ earned 31 credits - https://admin-junkies.com/threads/b...packing-the-anger-towards-modern-gaming.3815/ earned 17 credits - https://admin-junkies.com/threads/one-bad-habit-that-you-dont-have-anymore.3811/ earned 7 credits - https://admin-junkies.com/threads/danger.3795/ earned 4 credits)

So the more content a thread has, the more credits it's rewarded.

The only forums where no credits are rewarded are the Forum Games and Ask Me Anything, for obvious reasons I hope.

A post is 1 credit. No matter the length.
Don't have too, but: You could set it to where if the post contains like 1k chars or 100 words (or however you do it) to grant a partial credit, like how I have it.
0.03c/word after 100 words. Could encourage some longer thread replies.

Since you can have it grant base if under X value.

Don't have too, but: You could set it to where if the post contains like 1k chars or 100 words (or however you do it) to grant a partial credit, like how I have it.

I’ll take a look at that. :)

I think the credit should be based on the number of word counts no matter whether it is a post or a topic.

Man, why do you have to make my life harder :p Should be 1 point for each single letter :p

I've added a new page in our Help Pages to cover all information about the Credit system. :)

Sweet. Though it seems the "garage" link on that page doesn't link to anything, just a #. You could, if you wanted, also use a route filter to rename dbtech-shop to simply "shop"

Sweet. Though it seems the "garage" link on that page doesn't link to anything, just a #. You could, if you wanted, also use a route filter to rename dbtech-shop to simply "shop"
Good eye! The Garage is coming soon. It was a little sneak peek. 😜

Good eye! The Garage is coming soon. It was a little sneak peek. 😜
Sometimes I'm good at catching things, sometimes I'm not. haha.

I've had to disable the credits system on my site until I can afford to upgrade to .13, since it seems a lot of my addons are built for .13, and fill the error logs with .13-only database stuff. Hopefully I can get the license renewed soon, to get rid of those errors and re-enable a few addons.

Sometimes I'm good at catching things, sometimes I'm not. haha.

I've had to disable the credits system on my site until I can afford to upgrade to .13, since it seems a lot of my addons are built for .13, and fill the error logs with .13-only database stuff. Hopefully I can get the license renewed soon, to get rid of those errors and re-enable a few addons.
As long as it doesn’t get too overwhelming, you should be able to postpone the renewal. And who knows 2.3 is just around the corner. 😂

As long as it doesn’t get too overwhelming, you should be able to postpone the renewal. And who knows 2.3 is just around the corner. 😂
Yea, if it isn't too far, I may hold off till then and wait till crucial addons are updated.

But if it's gonna be a few months, I may upgrade soon. Friend says he can pay for my renewal in a week or two then I just pay him back later.

But if it's gonna be a few months, I may upgrade soon. Friend says he can pay for my renewal in a week or two then I just pay him back later.
Then you might as well upgrade as soon as you can... because you are looking at least 2-4 months out minimum and that's after they starte using an alpha of 2.3 on the XF site... and once they do that, you can bet it's another 2-3 months of alpha then BETA then RC (at least a 1&2, sometimes 3) and finally release

Last edited:
Then you might as well upgrade as soon as you can... because you are looking at least 2-4 months out minimum and that's after they starte using an alpha of 2.3 on the XF site... and once they do that, you can bet it's another 2-3 months of alpha then BETA then RC (at least a 1&2, sometimes 3) and finally release
Though, from what I understand, 2.3 and 3 won't have a lot of significant differences? 2.3 will be a sizable improvement, but 3.0 won't be a huge update in terms of changes, but more specific changes as well? Unless I misread the devs mentions on it.

Though, from what I understand, 2.3 and 3 won't have a lot of significant differences? 2.3 will be a sizable improvement, but 3.0 won't be a huge update in terms of changes, but more specific changes as well? Unless I misread the devs mentions on it.
Generally the step between X.y.z releases is major enough to require upgrades of add-ons and quite a bit of other items.
The step(s) between the X.Y.z releases can sometimes break a few add-ons, adds some features, but rarely bring any major new shifts to the format of the site.
You won't be seeing a 3.x until at the least the middle of next year. With the "burn" they are getting on their slow (over 2 years) progress on a x.Y.z release, I can see them getting 2.x out before the end of the year... and 3.x MAYBE by this time next year.
If you aren't using any add-ons that require upgrade to more recent versions, then you can sit pretty steady... classic case was Bob's add-ons.. he now has a minimum XF requirement... if you use an older version, unless you upgrade you would be stuck on what you have and not get the new features/benefits of the newer versions.

Love the explanation of the credit system page! It's self-explanatory now in my opinion!!

I also really like the idea the longer the response the more you'll see in return. It pays to contribute. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest