Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

User Report System/Features

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
Users sometimes are our best line of moderation in times when no staff members are online. Do you think you should provide a "User guide" on how to use the report features on your community? This may assist in finding more unwanted spam, rule violators, and even bugs within your community.

When you go to report, would you like more features within the report CP? I mean presently when you hit the report button, a box or page will load and say "Report Reason:: And that's it. Do you think there should be more on this pop up or page?

What are the things you'd hope members would report the most? Do you use the report feature, or do you just leave it alone, or do you simply PM an admin or fellow staff members?

Yea, that would be nice. Like maybe, it can connect to your rules and you will be able to have the user select which rule specifically they are reporting for. That will be especially convenient on mobile.

Edit: "the reporting" -> "they are reporting" -- Speech-to-text, why lol

Most have a reporting system anyway for each topic or thread to lick and say what they have to say. Mod system for members ends up still waiting for one of the staff members to take action on that duty anyway.

I never thought to make a guide showing how to report posts but this is a good idea and I think I'm going to incorporate it on my forums! You just never know when you'll get a member who may never had used a forum before, and might not really know how to report a post. I always mention to report posts if members find a post that breaks the rules rather than backseat moderate.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor