Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🚫 Closed/Paused Turn Forum Explorers into Promotion/General Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Legendary member
Gold Member
Credits

So many of you know I own FE. I'm thinking of turning it half into a promotion forum and half into a general chat forum (Essentially what it is now but moving more forums into sub-forums or putting some threads into other forums to decrease the amount of forums we have).

I've asked the question to my VIPs and staff and now want input from the wider forum community.

Would it make sense to do something like this since there isn't nearly enough promotion forums nowadays? We already have a link directory and a Website Gossip and Reviews/Brainstorm section. We would just expand on this quite a bit.

It's basically a general chat forum now. So you mean adding a promotional element/service to it, right?

I guess that depends on what services and products you want to offer, and with regards to services will you have the staff needed to fulfill those.

I honestly wouldn't personally. I think you have a great thing going with what you have. Now adding advertising spaces and etc - sure that could be embedded through the shop.

I’m a big believer of “if it ain’t broken then why fix it?” - seems like the direction FE is heading atm is fine. Community seems to be thriving so I feel like offering services may take away from that. Members are coming to FE to post around the community, not for services. That may change if you start offering them. Just my 2c

I'm going to jump in with the rest of the crowd and say stick with what you're doing. Even though promotion forums are scarce, they're incredibly difficult to maintain and keep the community going. There's a few exceptions with FP, etc. but if that's your main priority, I've seen too many come and go. You could always create a separate community but I like what you have currently. :) I'll also say, you could add certain things like others have said, like advertising space available via shop but I'd keep your main focus on what you currently have.

I think there are already a lot of promotional forums and most of these are not getting enough promotional offers. If you want to add a promotional section, consider offering unique services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor