Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Transferring a Domain

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
What are some ways to transfer a domain? What problems have you come up with transferring them? Do you feel the transfer prices are reasonable? Myself, I always transfer to an account with the same company so there is no fee. Who else does that?

Your Experience in Transfer

What have you transferred? Where did you transfer it from? Where did you transfer it to?

I typically just turn on domain protection to ensure I'm able to transfer the domain to another registrar. I've only done this a few times and I never transferred a domain to another person before so I'm not sure how that works. I went with different hosting and I saved some money by transferring my domain name over to the new host.

Easy-peasy if you use CloudFlare. Unlock your old domain, put in the transfer request... then get used to paying less than you were for renewals. I think I save something like a buck or so on each of the COM domains.
Now, if you are talking about transferring one to someone else after a selling or giving away, it should be as easy as changing the information in the registrar, then transferring it to whatever company they want to control it after unlocking it. They then finish the transfer on their end, possibly needing a code from you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor