Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Thoughts on tipping?

Advertisement Placeholder
I always tip, it's how a lot of people make their money, seems horrible to deny them that.

As I'm from the UK, it's not really something that is 'required' or expected of you to do. By all means, I will tip if I receive good service or if I have any change in my wallet. I find the tipping culture in the US completely wild though, I think it's sad that people have to rely on tips to make a decent wage.

If your service is good, then I tip. The better the service you provide, the better tip you'll get from me. It's rare that I don't tip. If you don't receive a tip from me, it's because your service stunk.

As I'm from the UK, it's not really something that is 'required' or expected of you to do. By all means, I will tip if I receive good service or if I have any change in my wallet. I find the tipping culture in the US completely wild though, I think it's sad that people have to rely on tips to make a decent wage.
Same as New Zealand.

If your service is good, then I tip. The better the service you provide, the better tip you'll get from me. It's rare that I don't tip. If you don't receive a tip from me, it's because your service stunk.
Yuuuup, good call!

Oh I've heard about it not being a requirement in the UK! If the service is subpar I will likely tip regardless but not as much as I'd otherwise do so.

I always tip and it's usually 20%. Very rarely will I tip below that because most of the time the service is very good and when it's not, it's the kitchen's fault and not my server. If they come to apologize for how slow things are, I completely understand and don't take it out on them.

I usually tip at least a little.
Same here. I tip a little bit, but 15-20 percent is usually fair.

I always tip and it's usually 20%. Very rarely will I tip below that because most of the time the service is very good and when it's not, it's the kitchen's fault and not my server. If they come to apologize for how slow things are, I completely understand and don't take it out on them.
Ah yeah agreed. If the service isn't good I will tip less honestly. I've had some bad servers before even when the place is not slammed. I had a new server at Olive Garden who was amazing, so I tipped her well.

We try to tip 10 to 15% if we dine out. If the waitress is really bad, I won't tip.

Where I live, tipping is not mandatory, and you should only tip if the service actually was spectacular. Therefore I rarely tip, and I only tip when the service or the product was really really good.

I always tend to try and leave 10% even though it's not compulsory here.
I think most people in the catering industry always try to be nice and helpful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds