Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Thoughts on an arcade on a forum?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
I am not sure if it is as popular now as it used to be but I remember when you used to be able to have an arcade on your forum and you could add a ton of arcade games to it for your members to play and compete to get the highest score in them. I remember back when I first started my general chat forum, I used to have an arcade where members would play the games and compete for the high scores but after a while games became more difficult to find and eventually, we just phased it out.

What are your thoughts on an arcade on a forum? Have you ever had one on a forum you have ran?

Oh I had this one time I think back in 2006-2007. I loved it at the time as it was so cool and modern to have it on forums. Everyone had it on their general/game forum. There was a real competitive feeling to it. But as you said, it slowly disappeared and never came back.

I think it all depends on the niche of your board to dictate whether an arcade is suitable for your board. A gaming forum would seem the most likely to have an arcade, but it could work for other boards too such as general discussion forums, I think. I have a resource board, and I see no use for an arcade on a resource board unless it was based around gaming resources.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor