Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The Rings of Power

Cory

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Website
jcodes.jcink.net
Credits
Has anyone watched it? I have the DVD, but I have yet to watch it.

Do you think it's just a money grab off of Tolkien's original work, or does it have some meaning to the Middle-earth lore?

I never ended up watching this. I just have no interest in The Lord of the Rings at all, so passed on watcing this.

I haven't seen it but I'm not sure I want to. A lot of the discussion I saw online focused on a lot of very specific things in a way that made me think it was set up that way, specifically to discourage discussion about whether it was any good. And a lot of that made me wonder about how that tied into the canon because I have read LOTR a number of times, plus delved into the Silmarillion, so I'm familiar with both 'before' and 'after' this series is set.

But also, most expensive TV series in history - gotta wonder where that money could possibly have gone for all the uproar generated.

I love The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. I watched the first two episodes of The Rings of Power today and it's just really weird in comparison to the films. It's not a bad watch because it has certain aspects of Tolkien's work, but it surely is a lot different.

I tried watching it but I just couldn't get into it. :(

I dunno, I've tried to watch LOTR a couple of times, but it just doesn't interest me enough to keep watching.

Watched 100%

Impressed with how well they have crafted it. It would have done great if not released to compete with the House of Dragons.

It has very less that kind of content. It is clean, neat and soft.

It's on my Netflix but I have too lazy to start watching it. I think I'm still a little hooked up on the old movies of it and don't want to have it replaced with the new TV series.

I've watched it right after watching all Lotr and Hobbit movies and well, it definitely felt different but I did love it. Contrary to popular opinion. Reviews I read were negative but I still loved it really.

I haven't watched it, I remembered hearing about it and wanting to though! I totally forgot about it!!! So I'm glad I saw this topic... maybe I'll watch it in the upcoming week.

I haven't watched it, I remembered hearing about it and wanting to though! I totally forgot about it!!! So I'm glad I saw this topic... maybe I'll watch it in the upcoming week.
Aw please do. We can discuss after. :D if anything it's visually pleasing.

I still only watched about 3 episodes and never got around to finishing the rest. I really need to finish it and also watch the first season of Halo I bought a while ago.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor