Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

The guide to WebguruBB

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
WebguruBB Guide
Hello there, welcome to WebguruBB. It is a pleasure to see you here. This is a guide which should tell you all you need to know about WebguruBB so that you can tool up on your knowledge, see what we are about and most of all, have fun!
So, just who are WebguruBB and what do we do?

What we do
You may be wondering just who we are and what we are about here at WGBB. Well, you’re in luck as I am about to tell you. We are a simple community who like to talk about all things related to being a Webmaster but that’s not to say you can’t talk about anything you like here. We like to cater for all sorts of people, be that blog owners, seasoned developers or even amateur forumers. We pride ourselves on providing a community where people of all levels of ability can come and not only share their knowledge but learn from others as well.
We are not content however with providing a simple platform for people to come and learn, we also want people to feel at home here. A place where people can come and talk, relax and learn, all at the same time! We work hard to ensure that everyone’s needs are met during their stay with us and that you do not feel left out or unimportant. One of our main aims as staff of this great community is to ensure community cohesion and that we, as staff, get involved as much as we can without making you feel scared to come out and say hello.
Quite simply, we aim to provide a platform where you can talk about your issues, solve some problems or just talk about life in any way you wish. We are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve the community and what we can offer you so if you spot something, have a bright idea or just want to give us some feedback, drop us a line at our help desk

The team

Well, as any forum, we have a great team at the helm that are there to help you out with your issues, solve your problems or even for a friendly chat. Do not look up on us as superiors though; we are real members, just with more permissions! So without further ado, let’s meet the team!

Xpl0iter – Administrator/Owner

Xpl0iter is the owner and member of the administration team at WebGuruBB. xpl0iter co-founded the site with Sam. He always loved everything about community and forums. Xpl0iter has a number of websites and has experience in developing small applications in various languages. He is more of a coding guy than a web developer or designer.

Xpl0iter is from India and speaks English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam. A fun fact about me would be, I can spin an average sized notebook on my finger for 15 minutes.

JLogan – Administrator
JLogan needs to update this...

Xyphien - Moderator
Xyphien is from Virginia, located east in the US. I had the chance to be an admin on WGBB but had to turn it down as I felt I could not dedicate the time needed as I now have a full time job, and several other things planned, and working on. I love to keep myself active by creating Projects, which is why I own so many domains, and have so many websites. I am always more than happy to help someone out, so if you need help simply PM me.

History of WGBB

Sam & xpl0iter first met on Sams promotion forum, ForumHoopla.com. Once he had joined, ForumHoopla's post count skyrocketed and it was averaging 100 post days toward the end. Because his “success” had been completely down to xpl0iter (and staff), Sam really wanted to return the favour. When Xpl0iter started a forum on his CoolFacts.in blog, Sam jumped at the chance to help out as an administrator. After around a month, when the forum had gotten no-where, xpl0iter wanted to move on (to something more successful) but still wanted Sam as his partner in helping with a venture. Xpl0iters first idea was reseller hosting. Since Sam had purchased his own reseller package, he harbored dreams of starting something similar for himself and declined the offer. Xpl0iter purchased his own reseller account and started BlaizingHost. Sam fired back another way of them working together- which turned out not to be practical or possible.

Xpl0iter had seen the success of some admin forums and asked what Sam thought about the idea of starting one together. Sam had decided, by that stage, the admin forum market was saturated and extremely hard to crack. But, he came back with another idea: A webmaster forum! Xpl0iter was all for it and they agreed on the basics: Sam would purchase the domain (which ended up being three domains as part of a “network”) and provide hosting, they’d be on Mybb and xpl0iter would purchase the WebGurubb theme and fund the first contest.

The forum got a new premium theme, a better logo and did all the stuff new forum owners do. However, it was not to last, after reaching around 1400 posts, Sam realized he was not going to have enough time to co-own the forum. Sam sent xpl0iter the domains for the directory and forum but kept the blog webgurublog.org (which xpl0iter later purchased for $6). Xpl0iter made the shift to changing the forum to Xenforo and changed the hosting to his far more reliable BlaizingHost.

After Sam decided to quit the forum's activity fell. Sam was generous enough to come back and be active here by posting a lot. One of WebGurubb's active members (at the time) Brendan became co-admin and bcousins became our mod. They helped us a lot but not for long.

Brendan became busy with his life and stopped coming back after a while. That's when Haze decided to join our staff team. "I was more than happy to choose him as he already was very active." xpl0iter

Bcousins was forced to leave the staff team and in April 2012 Sam stepped up to the plate being a Moderator for WebGurubb. The three man team of Haze, Sam and xpl0iter worked really well together. Activity was extremely high boosted by Southern Comfort and Gytix.

This successful arrangement couldn't last. Sam was forced to step down as a Moderator due to time issues.

Two mods were forced to replace the mighty Sam (Ok- I admit I'm writing this part :3). Sylar, from Promotion-Box and 22_22 were great Moderators on the forum. They managed to keep the activity of the forum up and WebGurubb did well for a time. They became Moderators on September 12.

Sylar and 22_22 became inactive around late Oct. / early Nov. busy with their other projects and they had to step down from their posts.

Xyphien was hired instead on November 30- a fantastic graphics designer familiar with Xenforo. He is the urrent Moderator here at WebGurubb.com.

December was a very inactive Month for WebGurubb. On January 3 3013 Haze decided to leave his Administrator role and is still busy with a couple of things. This was an extremely sad time on WebGurubb. On January 3 Sam offered, and xpl0iter accepted, to become a Temporary Administrator on the forum and to find the new Admin to take over.

It was a tough decision but JLogan is now the current Administrator of the forum. He has held the post since January 8 2013

And then we turn to where we are today. A thriving community built upon the principles of learning. I hope you all enjoy this community and look forward to the future!

Official Area

The Rules
Rules are an important part of any community and this one is no different. We ask that you follow and respect these rules but also know that we as a community are not stringent and nor do we check up on you. If you go off-topic in a thread, so what? A little discussion never hurt anyone. As a staff team, we will only enforce the rules if we find blatant cases of rule breakers or behavior which threatens the fabric of the community.
Either way, to see our rules, go to here , have a read through and go off into the community knowing what you can and cannot do.

T&C/Privacy Policy
Again like most websites, we have terms and conditions as well as a privacy policy. These are all lengthily and boring stuff and I’m sure nobody ever reads it in full but if you ever wish to scan over ours or get inspiration for your own, they are located here - Terms of Service and Rules | WebGuruBB - Webmaster Chat Forums or Privacy Policy | WebGuruBB - Webmaster Chat Forums

What to do in case of…
We realize that from time to time you may not know what to do in the event of a rule breaker, a problem occurring or similar. To combat this, simply just tell a staff member either via PM or Profile comment and we will come and sort the problem out to the best of our abilities. We are here to help you with your issues and ensure that the environment is a fun one for everyone. IF you have any issues or problems, our staff team will be happy to help.

Our Offers
Here at WGBB, we pride ourselves on providing the tools for new webmasters to make their way in the world or even for experienced webmasters to get some hosting or even a domain to tide them over in the event of a problem. We provide the tools, you utilize them. Let’s hear a little more about what we offer though shall we?

WebGurubb Free Hosting:
We offer free hosting for all our active members. You just have to pay using the WGBB$ which you earn whilst being active on our forums.

WebGurubb Free Reseller Hosting:
We offer free reseller hosting for all our active members. You just have to pay using the WGBB$ and have a specific post count at the end of each month.
WebGurubb Free Domains:
Need a free domain? Yes, we are offering that too. We are here to help you to become successful webmasters. Money shouldn't be a problem if you have passion to do something.
WebGuru Dir - Free link Submission:
This is another offer we are giving away for free to all our members. Submit your link to our premium, link directory for free today.
WebGurubb Miscellaneous Offers:
You can find the information about all the other offers we currently offer in our network here.

Conclusion

Well, you should now be clued up to the eyeballs about what we offer here at WebguruBB, our rules and conditions and you should even know a bit about our staff team! We hope you have enjoyed this document and if you spot any errors, think we’re missing something or you just want to ask a question about the guide, please post it in the thread below or message a staff member. We’re more than happy to help you out.
Many thanks and we’ll see you around the community.

WebguruBB Staff team.

Advertisement Placeholder
Loved this immensly.
37 pets Haze? explain.
I can see great things ahead for WGBB, seriously.

Loved this immensly.
37 pets Haze? explain.
I can see great things ahead for WGBB, seriously.

Still some extras to come. This has been a long project in waiting though, it was suggested like a month or two ago haha so I wanted to get it up. And what is there to explain? I has many pets. :p

This shopuld be updated everytime WGBB hits a big milestone etc
Also, what pets!? Fish? Sheep?

This shopuld be updated everytime WGBB hits a big milestone etc
Also, what pets!? Fish? Sheep?

There is more 'history' to be added still, haha.

Umm, one dog, four chinchillas, about 5-6 fish, 4 guinea pigs and the rest are rabbits. :p

Lol, glad to hear you're a caring and loving pet owner. :giggle:
We must not stray off-topic here as this epic post cannot be ruined by me,

Lol, glad to hear you're a caring and loving pet owner. :giggle:
We must not stray off-topic here as this epic post cannot be ruined by me,
The majority of posts here are ruined by you anyway, whats another one? Lmao. But yeh, we better. Glad you like it though. Keep your eyes out for updates in the coming days. :)

Just read it, I need to see this notebook thing!
I never knew he spoke so many languages o_O
Thats not a big deal here in India mate.
India has almost 22 different languages. And most of them are closely related.
Tamil and Malayalam(My mother tongue) are seriously related. And then Hindi is the official language of India and it was compulsory to learn Hindi from 5th grade to 10th grade. But most people can't speak it anyway, I went a step ahead and learned to speak it(note that my hindi is not perfect).

I will someday upload a video of me spinning the notebook, not 15 minutes anyway, that will hurt my fingers! :/
I think I should try and go for the guinness book of world records. The highest is 30 minutes afaik!

I can speak English and a little Irish, that's it.
I'm just glad you can speak English.. otherwise how would we send dirty messages?

Might sound like a stupid question but what is the "VIP" title for, is it for premium users or?

Yes it is. :) Our 'supergroups' as I will call them are Valued Contributors (Purple) and VIP (green). VC has to be earned through contributions to the community whilst VIP can be bought on a once yearly basis. :)

Yes it is. :smile: Our 'supergroups' as I will call them are Valued Contributors (Purple) and VIP (green). VC has to be earned through contributions to the community whilst VIP can be bought on a once yearly basis. :smile:

Or.. if you blackmail a member of staff. :giggle:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds