Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Tips & Advice The 24-Hour Silence: A Warning Sign for Online Communities

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
1703075485269.png
Today, I want to delve into a topic that’s close to my heart as an experienced community leader. It’s an issue that I firmly believe in – the idea that if your online community experiences a complete lack of contributions within a 24-hour period, it could very well be a sign that your community is standing at the brink of failure.

This isn’t just a theory; it’s something I’ve observed time and time again throughout my years of managing online communities. In this article, I’ll share my perspective on why this phenomenon can be a cause for concern and, more importantly, what you can do to prevent it from happening.

Let’s dive in...

My community is pretty much failed at the moment. Only paid contributions via money or forum credits keeps it going or thru post exchanges. Anyway, though, my community is very young, though.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at as well. I try to not go for the paid postings as then I would be reliant on it and not organic expansion. Just working on getting the forum out there and hoping to gather some regulars into the community.

It's crucial to add content to your communities every single day, though this may not be possible every single day. I highly recommend not going more than two days without adding content to your community, if you want to see it thrive and survive. It's hard to maintain activity if you're not providing new threads or replying to older threads to revive them. I know it's hard to come up with unique posts especially if your niche is a common one, however getting inspiration from other communities may help. As long as you don't plagiarize and copy content from other communities of course.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest