Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Telling people your problems?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not anymore after being berated multiple times! Besides, it's none of their business what my problems are. It's bad for a male to talk about his life problems due to the stoic stereotype that a lot of people in the world hold against them. But, that's mainly the young, immature type. Once people start to mature, many stereotypes go out the window, but not all of them.

If I have to really vent, yeah. But im better suited listening to other peoples problems than telling them my own lol.

Not anymore after being berated multiple times! Besides, it's none of their business what my problems are. It's bad for a male to talk about his life problems due to the stoic stereotype that a lot of people in the world hold against them. But, that's mainly the young, immature type. Once people start to mature, many stereotypes go out the window, but not all of them.
When I was in my early 20's, there was this guy I used to work with. I thought we got along pretty well, but I guess I was mistaken. I didn't sense any animosity from him when I started going into a problem I had. He comes at me a tad bit aggressive. His tone of voice was serious and he gave off an aggressive vibe. He states that I have it better than most people, that his son just suffered a serious heart condition, had to be hospitalized in the ER, and then at the end of it all he stated he didn't want to hear it and stormed off. It shook me to my core. It definitely discouraged me from ever going to him again on anything.

When I was in my early 20's, there was this guy I used to work with. I thought we got along pretty well, but I guess I was mistaken. I didn't sense any animosity from him when I started going into a problem I had. He comes at me a tad bit aggressive. His tone of voice was serious and he gave off an aggressive vibe. He states that I have it better than most people, that his son just suffered a serious heart condition, had to be hospitalized in the ER, and then at the end of it all he stated he didn't want to hear it and stormed off. It shook me to my core. It definitely discouraged me from ever going to him again on anything.
It's a real shame when you tell your best friends only for them to judge you or maybe even harass you. However, I understand he may not have directly wanted to hear your issues because he had too much on his plate. When people are going through tough struggles, the last thing they want to hear is other people's struggles.

It's a real shame when you tell your best friends only for them to judge you or maybe even harass you. However, I understand he may not have directly wanted to hear your issues because he had too much on his plate. When people are going through tough struggles, the last thing they want to hear is other people's struggles.
I took that into account as well. It just means I haven't made the right connections. Which also tells me that I haven't earned the right to vent.

Which also tells me that I haven't earned the right to vent.
Everyone has the right to vent from time to time, I think. You can't go through life without venting to some extent. You have to find the right people who are willing to listen or perhaps will even offer suggestions. If all else fails, therapists are there and get paid to hear you vent.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds