Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Teaching is an easily available job, do you agree?

Advertisement Placeholder
teaching is easily available job at least in my home country (I cannot say about other countries, though). However, a large percentage of teachers are under paid.

There are a fair amount of teaching positions in the UK and I agree they are not well paid considering they have to undergo years of training.

There is more to teaching than knowing your stuff. My partner (who is not a qualified teacher) speaks fluent German and was approached by our local college and asked if he would teach a small number of mature students. Although he knew the language inside out he found it impossible to get the subject across to the students and one by one they all left. He was actually quite well paid for an unqualified person.

Yes in my country it is a readily available job and I guess that's why teachers are underpaid and undermined for a job that's not easy

Teaching is an easily accessible job, as long as you have the vocation. There are many teachers and professors who have their jobs and not their vocation, which makes teaching and learning difficult for students.

Community schools that receive funding from the government offer high salary for the teaching staff, however, private schools that make more money by charging exorbitant fees from students are not paying well to their teaching staff.

Community schools that receive funding from the government offer high salary for the teaching staff, however, private schools that make more money by charging exorbitant fees from students are not paying well to their teaching staff.
In my country it is the other way around, public schools have a very low salary, on the contrary, private schools charge a high monthly fee but also pay a high salary to teachers.

That's interesting. In our country. Teaching is highly paying job in the community schools and teaching is low paying job in the private schools. Sadly, students performance in the community school is poor and students performance in private school is very good.

That's interesting. In our country. Teaching is highly paying job in the community schools and teaching is low paying job in the private schools. Sadly, students performance in the community school is poor and students performance in private school is very good.
This is also generally the case in my country, although there are exceptions. And it is something that I have never understood, it must be because they get more profit and therefore they are more careful to give the classes correctly. The teachers who teach in private schools are the same ones who teach in public schools.

Since the teachers working in the community schools are paid by government that are not sincere and do not care about performance of students. However, in private schools teachers can be fired for poor performance.

Teaching is easily available job on my home country, however, it is underpaid job for most of the people. You can earn well only if you are working in community schools or in bi private schools.

Well you could say that but location also matters, it isn't necessarily so everywhere although teaching is a common profession that is available and needed almost everywhere

Teaching is an easily available job now mostly because the number of children keep increasing and the number of unemployed adults too keeps skyrocketing so a good business would be to employ an unemployed to teach a child for small renumeration.

I agree that a tutoring job is easily available especially now that distant schooling is the standard medium of education here. But a teacher is different because you need a full education and a license as well. With a tutor it just like providing assistance to the student so it can be an informal job unlike the job of a teacher.

Yes and not. When it comes for questions like this, the answer is often depends. Depends on the country where you live. Depends on legislation.
Depends on potential students' demand. Depends on the mode: offline or online. Depends on the subject to teach (what's the most required subject to learn?). And there are much more depends it's hard to remember...
In any way, the depends refer to the term easily. The availability is really good among all countries I know and I never saw an unemployed teacher, but I didn't found any ease here or there. For ex., my former country, after a teaching law reform, requires several years of studying into degree and stages that now count 8 years (the same lenght of a medicine course with the shorter medical postgraduate). And then, to get a job in a public school, a very hard public competition is required. Private schools don't require public examination, but they may require super-skilled teachers. Then comes the opening of a teaching business, but the entrepreneur-teacher must count on several paying students to afford the heavy and burdening tax system. This latter option could be the easier one among all, depending if the subject offered is more or less requested. In my new country, the third option is really feasible (very few taxes, so it's easy to maintain the business open), but not so easy to find paying students. Apart of many people being too poor to pay, a considerable number of students abandon their schooling too soon.

That's true, the answer depends on where you are located. That's why in one of my answers above I mentioned that teaching is easily available job in my home country

Teaching is a great job, and i would say it can easily be found in most cases. But i would not want to go for a teaching job. In my country its very a very stressful job where you have to prepare lesson notes and all that. The painful is the little salary you would get at the end of the month. You can only get paid something reasonable maybe when you are working in an Huge private school

That's true, the answer depends on where you are located. That's why in one of my answers above I mentioned that teaching is easily available job in my home country
I think that teaching is a general profession as there is increase for the demand in the profession and I have heard from people in several countries how teaching is common because of the low renumeration.

Teaching is a job that is always available to those with the skills and interest. One thing i observe with teaching is that when you teach someone,you'll gain more knowledge yourself.

Teaching is a great job, and i would say it can easily be found in most cases. But i would not want to go for a teaching job. In my country its very a very stressful job where you have to prepare lesson notes and all that. The painful is the little salary you would get at the end of the month. You can only get paid something reasonable maybe when you are working in an Huge private school

Unfortunately, teaching job is undervalued among lot of countries and the salary is poor, until you are not an university teacher/professor. But in this case, at least in the countries I know, you need a PhD (in my current country a postgrad is still enough, but due to the fierce competence, whoever owns a PhD would overcome and get the job). And getting a PhD is very, very shamefully expensive. Even among the studying for free Mercosur countries, education is free only up to degree. And apart of the expenses for fees, books and tuition, it's very desirable you won't work until finishing the PHD, what it's pretty impossible for family men and women who must rely on their salaries to live. You need to have at least a bourgeois family, if not rich, supporting you to study PHD level.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds