Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Starting a small business

It is good to start a small business but you should have it in mind that you want to build a bigger business that we tried in the nearest future. Most of the big companies today start small, so you should start a company small and grow big.

Advertisement Placeholder
Starting Small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria has never been easy. It's difficult to raise capital because of the stringent conditions of most financial institutions and the Government's lack of support.
Normally, we shouldn't be seeking government's support to startup a small scale business if actually they are ruling the country how it's supposed to be. But with the high inflation that's persistent in our country today, starting up a small business would be difficult for an average citizen

I am not sure about the economical conditions of Nigeria because I do not live in Nigeria. However, inflation is quite high in my country and setting up a small business is quite difficult in my country. I just hope that the government will control this inflation rate and give some relief to small businessmen because they are the ones who are suffering.

I am not sure about the economical conditions of Nigeria because I do not live in Nigeria. However, inflation is quite high in my country and setting up a small business is quite difficult in my country. I just hope that the government will control this inflation rate and give some relief to small businessmen because they are the ones who are suffering.
The economy here might make it very difficult for people to succeed sometimes and the government arrangement also is not favorable to most smaller business Enterprise, most people are not complaining because they are still establishing a business.

I come across this opinion a lot that money is what's needed to make sure your business is up and running. Truth is you can always start with what you have and scale up if you're adept at what to do and have the passion, discipline to grow it to where it's supposed to be.

Starting a small business Is very good and it requires patience for it to grow to the required level and you need to take care of it but with time it will actually become very big

Wow you are not from Nigeria? I have always assumed you where from Nigeria. That's nice though, what country are you from then? There are so many countries suffering from inflation not just Nigeria.

Wow you are not from Nigeria? I have always assumed you where from Nigeria. That's nice though, what country are you from then? There are so many countries suffering from inflation not just Nigeria.

I am from Pakistan and right now the inflation rate is extremely high. The country is going through hard times and the unemployment rate is quite high. Petrol prices are increasing and petrol is not even available in most areas.

I am from Pakistan and right now the inflation rate is extremely high. The country is going through hard times and the unemployment rate is quite high. Petrol prices are increasing and petrol is not even available in most areas.
Wow this is serious, has the government made any move at all to at least reduce the effect of how these things are affecting the country?

As for me starting a small business is such a good thing and also good idea but it's not easy here in my country here in Nigeria because same area you are when they start seeing it that you making sales you will start seeing different people going into the business in same area
Lol. I always notice this exact same thing. Ever since a particular business will be absent in an area, but once one person start, everybody wants to venture in

A business whether small or large demands good planning,knowledge and expertise and enough capital depending on the kind of business .
No business is easy to startup, be it a small or large scale business.
You just have to put things in place and take the right steps to ensure the smooth running of that business.

To me, starting a small business is good but it may be demanding though. The small capital it requires is an advantage though. But for you to raise capital, it takes lots of stress and difficulty because individuals will not want to trust you with their funds as well as financial institutions because of the fact that you're running a small business

Capital has been the major problems of most small scale businesses especially in my country. There is no financial aid from the government and the financial institutions are not helping in this aspect. They usually ask for collateral weigh far more than loan.

Starting a small business is very good way of acquiring the needed experience that would enable you to effectively manage a bigger business that you may involve in future.

Starting a small business can be tricky as against the popular notion of it being simple. An individual starting a small business must possess the following : capital needed, should have done proper research (feasibility studies), standby customers, and a very good location.

Starting of a business is not an easy thing to do. There are alot of difficulties people face to start up a business of their own. Raising capital is one of the major challenges people face when starting a business.

It's common for most people to work first and accumulate funds to start their own business. I wouldn't rely on the government to give me funds to start a business because that will still be likely in the form of a loan. I would look around and see if I have properties or assets that I can use to start a small business. I can try to learn skills so I can start a small service business that will not require much capital. You may be able to acquire skills certification for short-term courses like welding, carpentry, aircon, refrigerator, and TV repair. These are in-demand skills that require small capital for tools.​

Yes it takes persistence and seriousness. And you must be committed too.
It is actually very important that whenever you want to start any kind of business you should start the business more because you are not ready predict what the business can turn into so that once it doesn't go your way you will have less loss to encounter.

As for me starting a small business is such a good thing and also good idea but it's not easy here in my country here in Nigeria because same area you are when they start seeing it that you making sales you will start seeing different people going into the business in same area
Most people don't even have the capital to start up business in a very big way which is why small business is a major trend in my country Nigeria right now because a lot of people are jobless and are looking for ways to survive.

Starting a small business back in the days was a easy and simple but this days with the devaluation of naira and the way things are cope with polices it's has become difficult, you want to start any business you need a large amount of money to do that

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds