Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Staff quitting without notice?

Credits
What do you think about staff members that quit instantly, without notice and sometimes not even informing the manager before leaving?

Staff members or volunteers, should give at least one weeks notice in my opinion before quitting. This helps the business prepare for the loss and find a replacement employee.

Notice periods should always been given. Do you think quitting without notice is acceptable?

Advertisement Placeholder
Quitting your job without prior notice is not appropriate and it will definitely affect the business negatively. One of my staff left without giving any notification, this really affected my business negatively before I could get a replacement. In my opinion, it is not good for staffs to leave without giving at least one month notice.

Definitely not, after all as you are saying a business owner and staff must be aware of a leave and if it is a sudden ones it might effect the business badly since a place is going to be missed and then things start getting difficult.
He must say it before and give the staff some time to organize things before his leave, to try to find other employee or to think about other solutions so the business can hold his sudden leave. It is definitely not acceptable to leave a job in such a sudden way and if I were an owner I would get freaked out if someone were doing that to me, I think that it is not a human thing to do, no matters what they must let the owner know before accomplishing such an action.

There are many reason why many staff quit their place of work without notice , due to the hostile relationship between the boss and the workers , the workers might not be convinient having a conversation with the boss and leaving without permission normally affect work.

This is unprofessional; staff should be responsible and professional in their duties and tasks.
I understand that sometimes they can't be comfortable working whenever the reason for that; however, this last couldn't be a reason to quit directly. At least inform your manager, tell him I am not comfortable, need that and that... Then, after listening to his response, you can decide, inform him and do it.

@AlexanderM this has only happened in the small companies; in my company, once you join it, you should sign a contract that you'll work with the company for two years; if you decide to quit, the Police will knock on your door hahaha

Last edited:
I think most places ask for a minimum of a 2 week notice but most people who are not working in a job they enjoy will likely just ignore that and quit soon as they find something better.

Staff quitting without notice most of the time is a bad habit from the workers because he or she didn't give the organisation the necesarry avenue and time to source for his or her replacement before quitting,

It is usually not good for a staff to quit without letting the authorities to know about it. But in some lawless countries, there is really nothing you could do to such staff member at all.

Yes I agree it's not acceptable for staff to quit without notice. It'll give the company time to search for and prep a replacement once they're aware that an employee is leaving so processes are not distorted or stress placed on other employees.

Though there are many reasons why most of the staff quits their present job without notice , maybe there is no cordial relationship between the owner of the business and the workers .

Actually at my side it does happen that most staff or employees do quit their job without giving notice or writing any letter to notify that they are leaving because of the way they were treated or there agreement was not settle.

What do you think about staff members that quit instantly, without notice and sometimes not even informing the manager before leaving?

Staff members or volunteers, should give at least one weeks notice in my opinion before quitting. This helps the business prepare for the loss and find a replacement employee.

Notice periods should always been given. Do you think quitting without notice is acceptable?
Quitting your occupation impromptu without prior notice is a very unprofessional practice even if you had conflicts with the employer. It is not advisable to do this because the employer could be a helper later in life and this behavior would not have endeared you to him in any way.

Actually at my side it does happen that most staff or employees do quit their job without giving notice or writing any letter to notify that they are leaving because of the way they were treated or there agreement was not settle.
There are some things that will warrant an employee not to give a notice letter before leaving the job. It could be because the that the business owner is not friendly or very rude.

Although it isn't nice for employees to quit without notice, sometimes unpredictable things happen that could make an employee quit all of a sudden without any notice.

There are some things that will warrant an employee not to give a notice letter before leaving the job. It could be because the that the business owner is not friendly or very rude.
It all depends on the rules and regulation given by the organisation, son organisation stipulates it that you must give them at least a month notice before leaving their job

Quitting your job without any notice in inappropriate, If you really know what you are doing you are expected to let the manager know, but leaving without letting he or she know is not a good idea.

Although it isn't nice for employees to quit without notice, sometimes unpredictable things happen that could make an employee quit all of a sudden without any notice.
You are right , its not proper for an employee to quit without notice , but there are some employers that treats their employee like a slave , and its just proper for those employee to find their ways .

You are right , its not proper for an employee to quit without notice , but there are some employers that treats their employee like a slave , and its just proper for those employee to find their ways .
That's true. I remember quitting my work as an apprentice in a fashion designing store without any notice. My employer didn't treat us like a slave, but i still didn't like the way she treated us and so i had to quit.

Everyone have the right to exit a business organisation that is not favorable unto them. Exiting without any notice to the manager or the business management is not the best option.
We need to understand that doing the right thing on the wrong way is still a wrong way of doing things.

For a healthy business environment, it is necessary for an employee who wants to leave to inform the owner of the business before leaving, irrespective of any kind of situation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds