Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📈 Marketing Strategies Social Media Advertising For Traffic

For comprehensive digital marketing tactics.

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
One of the easiest ways to build traffic is by running ads on social media. For instance, you can tweet your website link and then use promote option and run ads for your link. You will be able to reach a lot of people in a short time. When you have a huge exposure, you will also get a lot of link clicks. Not just on Twitter, you can run ads on other social sites as well. Have you used social media advertising for a traffic boost?

I've thought about using Facebook Ads for my communities, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I wouldn't use Twitter ads right now, especially with the recent limitations added to people who don't pay for Twitter Blue, I feel that more and more people are going to stop using the site soon.

From talking to a few folks, FaceBook Ads are not worth the money for websites like forums to advertise.
And Twitter... I wouldn't touch 'em with a 2 mile long pole.

I played around with Facebook/Meta adverts and I think it was basically sunk money. Plenty of clicks, but with a very high bounce rate. I think it's probably cost-effective for cheaper countries, but in western nations, it's wasted money. Just for example, I paid £0.30 to £0.50 per click in Europe or the Americas; or £0.005 or less per click in India (for example). Neither worked. Meta decided to flag my site as spam in the end which (thankfully) put a stop to that waste.

Pinterest I've had mild success with it, but it's very slow. I think it's taken me 2 weeks to spend £5 - with very few outbound clicks. I think forums might have more luck on there though, but I'm still experimenting.

Twitter is a cesspit. Reddit has it's own crisis at the moment, and has a minimum spend of $50 which is far more then I'm willing to spend - so that's a no go. Google I find too expensive, but I do like Bing as it's affordable with decent clickthrough rates - but no one sticking around just yet.

I think for Facebook, you'd be better off creating a Facebook page for your forum, developing a consistent routine for posting content (mixing native with promotional) and then utilizing Facebook ads to get more likes and follows on your page. Then focus on promotional content to get followers to your forum that way.

That's how I've always done it and after building a strong page on Facebook, getting traffic to my site (for me a blog) was and is still fairly simple.

I've thought about using Facebook Ads for my communities, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I wouldn't use Twitter ads right now, especially with the recent limitations added to people who don't pay for Twitter Blue, I feel that more and more people are going to stop using the site soon.
Facebook Ads are the way to go, Twitter requires the blue tick to run ads now.

I think for Facebook, you'd be better off creating a Facebook page for your forum, developing a consistent routine for posting content (mixing native with promotional) and then utilizing Facebook ads to get more likes and follows on your page. Then focus on promotional content to get followers to your forum that way.

That's how I've always done it and after building a strong page on Facebook, getting traffic to my site (for me a blog) was and is still fairly simple.
Not a bad idea, seems every click I get with Facebook Ads never results in a sign up. Running ads for a built up page sounds like the solution.

I will admit, I have a few times thought about using social media ads to advertise my site for more traffic but having the funds needed to be able to do that has always been an issue.

This is something I would like to do at a later date when I am able to invest money into it and I know it will be worth it.

I have made a new Facebook page for Admin Junkies a few days ago:

In which I have also made an advertisement for our article 10 Big Mistakes Community Managers Make - It had 4 views when it was first freshly released before the advertisement, and now it has almost 400 views. It's not clear yet that we have gotten new sign ups from Facebook, but it's clearly the advertisement works for views and I often check the online list and see guests viewing that article.

As with anything, the more money you invest, the bigger your results will be.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest