Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Smoking

Advertisement Placeholder
Horrible, just plain horrible lol. I'm glad governments around the world are clamping down on it.

:unsure: I smoke and I think its ok to smoke if you are at your own place. I don't want anyone to have the consequences of someone else's smoking!
So yes, public smoking should be banned! But no, smoking shouldn't be banned completely!

I think that it's their own choice whether they smoke...but it's not doing them any good, I have never smoked and never will, why should i risk lung failure or any other problems, just for smoking?

:unsure: I smoke and I think its ok to smoke if you are at your own place. I don't want anyone to have the consequences of someone else's smoking!
So yes, public smoking should be banned! But no, smoking shouldn't be banned completely!

Don't worry haha, I wasn;t slating you or people persaonally, more the public 'lets blow it into the faces of people' kind of thing. Ticks me off so badly. Nothing I love more than walking down a street minding my own business and then getting covered in stinky, awful smoke, especially with my crappy lungs (Had a couple operations on them so they suck, but not as much as they did :p). I just want it to be illegal in public all together (Rather than in just businesses over here). I believe NYC are doing such a thing.

It's been illegal in NZ for quite a no. of years and the Maori Party (the party for our indigenous people) want it banned by 2025 after raising taxes sky high. It's quite a big issue in countries with free healthcare cause the taxes don't cover the costs. Also I really do hate breathing in cigarette smoke....

I have to say banning it is a bad idea BUT governments should do everything they can to discourage smoking in my opinion.

And xpl0iter, have you ever tried to quit? If so, how did that go? :)

Well, I've been a smoke for about 3-4 yrs now and I absolutely have no reason / right to hate smokers, Lol.

While I agree that smoking shouldn't be banned, I accept the fact that someone else shouldn't suffer due to my actions. Maybe that's the reason, I don't smoke anywhere near women or children, since they're most affected.

Yes, public smoking is banned in India, also you can't sell smokes like 100 yards from any educational institution.
But then again, its India baby, who gives a damn to govt's policies or rules ( Unless your wallet is empty ). People do sell smokes near institutions and I guess around 65-80% smokers in India are teens or in their 20's ( not a fact, its just my guess )

Well, I've been a smoke for about 3-4 yrs now and I absolutely have no reason / right to hate smokers, Lol.

While I agree that smoking shouldn't be banned, I accept the fact that someone else shouldn't suffer due to my actions. Maybe that's the reason, I don't smoke anywhere near women or children, since they're most affected.

Yes, public smoking is banned in India, also you can't sell smokes like 100 yards from any educational institution.
But then again, its India baby, who gives a damn to govt's policies or rules ( Unless your wallet is empty ). People do sell smokes near institutions and I guess around 65-80% smokers in India are teens or in their 20's ( not a fact, its just my guess )

I suppose smoking is considered pretty "cool" in India? After years of smear campaigns against smoking a lot of New Zealanders are disgusted by it. That's why I have the strong opinions that I do have. When you see every celebrity saying: 1. You won't get a job. 2. You won't get a girlfriend/boyfriend. 3. You're ruining your health. 4. We're disgusted by smokers. It does have an impact ;)

I suppose smoking is considered pretty "cool" in India?

Not really, smokers smoke, haters hate :-D
I don't know about other places, but in my place maybe 1/200 might smoke. I've got friends who don't smoke, we're like a group of 5-6, only 2 of us smoke ( I consider the other 4 to be cooler than me, simply because they can make it without smoking, while I can't )
Personally, the only part I don't like is the "stink"
Btw,
Who says smokers don't get a job?
( Teachers smoke, policemen smoke, actors smoke, politicians smoke... It goes on )
No Girlfriends? Seriously?
Maybe they'll irritate you and try to stop you, but never heard of break ups due to smoking cigarettes, lol.

Not really, smokers smoke, haters hate :-D
I don't know about other places, but in my place maybe 1/200 might smoke. I've got friends who don't smoke, we're like a group of 5-6, only 2 of us smoke ( I consider the other 4 to be cooler than me, simply because they can make it without smoking, while I can't )
Personally, the only part I don't like is the "stink"
Btw,
Who says smokers don't get a job?
( Teachers smoke, policemen smoke, actors smoke, politicians smoke... It goes on )
No Girlfriends? Seriously?
Maybe they'll irritate you and try to stop you, but never heard of break ups due to smoking cigarettes, lol.

Well take a look at this NZ celeb sponsered site: www.notourfuture.co.nz and their game http://www.notourfuture.co.nz/kissoff/ - Some of the things they say are pretty harsh to get smokers to quit...

This: www.quit.org.nz is Govt sponsored...

Well take a look at this NZ celeb sponsered site: www.notourfuture.co.nz and their game http://www.notourfuture.co.nz/kissoff/ - Some of the things they say are pretty harsh to get smokers to quit...

This: www.quit.org.nz is Govt sponsored...

I don't know how to react to that :p
My only point is, make sure no one smokes around you or any other person who you think is feeling uncomfortable.
If needed, ask the smoker to move to a corner and smoke.
Banning cigarettes won't be a solution because that will only make things worse. People would start smuggling cigarettes and then the dealers end up getting rich :p

I don't know how to react to that :p
My only point is, make sure no one smokes around you or any other person who you think is feeling uncomfortable.
If needed, ask the smoker to move to a corner and smoke.
Banning cigarettes won't be a solution because that will only make things worse. People would start smuggling cigarettes and then the dealers end up getting rich :p

I'm just pointing out why we Nzers have the opinions we do ;) Personally I am against the banning of cigarettes because I think that it would be impossible to police.... :)

I smoke once a week or something like that. I guess I'm not really a normal smoker because I don't smoke every day, but yeah, its bad and I want to quit.

I smoke once a week or something like that. I guess I'm not really a normal smoker because I don't smoke every day, but yeah, its bad and I want to quit.
If you want to quit, this is the time. Right now, you're not really addicted. If you wait, and get addicted, it'll be really hard for you to quit later.
That's the case with me at least, while some can control their mind / body better :)

If you want to quit, this is the time. Right now, you're not really addicted. If you wait, and get addicted, it'll be really hard for you to quit later.
That's the case with me at least, while some can control their mind / body better :)
And guess what, I am starting to quit this now! :)
For now, I smoke only when I drink!
I really don't like drinking so, this should help me to quit!

And guess what, I am starting to quit this now! :)
For now, I smoke only when I drink!
I really don't like drinking so, this should help me to quit!

Good Luck- You may want to think of something else you could have instead of a cigarette (when you crave it). Maybe chew gum? That way you won't put on weight (like almost all people trying to give up do)!

And try and get your friends to give up as well- so that they're not smoking while you're trying to quit....

It'll be tough (my Aunt's tried quitting a couple of times) but I hope you succeed!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds