Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Small business is free of tax

In an ideal society, small scale businesses should be exempted from taxes and other obligations. This is because their capital/profit is always little and they need support from government in order to exist.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the country or the state so to say, some countries charges tax on small scale businesses and some don't. So tax is not completely free.

In my home country, small businesses do pay tax. The tax are been collected by the local government officials. I pay taxes for all my small offline businesses.

small business is a free task, small business does not pay taxes, but in my country some of the big businesses doesn't pay taxes as well, but in some countries paying task is a mandate.

It depends on the country or the state so to say, some countries charges tax on small scale businesses and some don't. So tax is not completely free.
You are right on that aspect, small small business is free of tax depending on the country , but in my country where I run a small scale business , I am paying tax every year .

In my country, this is not the case at all. Even a labor has to pay some sort of tax. Many people pay sales tax when they purchase products and no one is exempted from the rule. So running a small business does not matter at all.

Well, I don't agree with you. Maybe that's for your country, but in my country small business owners pays taxes. If not they'd be hindered from operating. I know, it's bad, but it's what we live with

When you make money with your own small business you have to pay income taxes just as if you worked for another company. In some cases, you may also have to pay additional taxes that are specifically associated with small business operations

Yes you are very right. Small businesses doesn't really need taxation. Take for example, here in Nigeria, most businesses small and medium don't always pay taxes but might be charged though for Value Added Tax (VAT).

Small businesses do need to register under the internal revenue system and pay taxes when taxes are due. However, because they are marginal earners, small businesses under sole proprietorships can enjoy tax exemptions granted to individuals. Thus, if their annual income is equal to or less than their exemption amount, the tax due is zero. However, they will still be liable for either VAT or percentage taxes. In addition, even though they are not liable for income taxes, they still have to file income tax returns. That said, many small entrepreneurs skirt the law and operate under the radar.​

Yes you are very right. Small businesses doesn't really need taxation. Take for example, here in Nigeria, most businesses small and medium don't always pay taxes but might be charged though for Value Added Tax (VAT).
Ideally small businesses should not be taxed. But over here, small and medium scale enterprises suffer from multiple taxation especially through levies, VAT, sanitation and environmental fee etc.

Small business with free of tax,not all small business can escape tax. Government are collecting tax directly or indirectly from small and large business owners.
Small business with free of tax,not all small business can escape tax. Government are collecting tax directly or indirectly from small and large business owners.

Small businesses pay an average of 19.8 percent in taxes depending on the type of small business. How Are Small Businesses Taxed? You might be surprised to learn that most small businesses don’t pay the corporate rate for income tax. In fact, 75 percent of small businesses aren’t considered corporations but something called unincorporated pass-through entities.

Unless you need an official receipt in selling your merchandise there is no need to pay taxes for a small business. This is applicable to home based business where the place of business is not rented. Small items such as food stuff, clothing and personal accessories do not need to register with the government agency because it is considered an informal business - temporary in nature and dealing with small transactions only. This is a good incentive for entrepreneurs who need to gain experience in selling.
Yes. I do not think there is need to pay taxes for small businesses.
All small businesses differ in nature, i know small businesses that taxes are still required of them; those who sell in markets pay taxes.
If i sell thrift wears, or hawk bottle water, i do not think i am expected to pay taxes.

In my home country, small businesses do pay tax. The tax are been collected by the local government officials. I pay taxes for all my small offline businesses.
No business is truly tax free in Nigeria. Small businesses pay a lot of tax despite their little capital and sometimes these multiple taxations really hinders the growth of small and medium scale enterprises.

I have the same opinion , in my area here , small business is not free of tax and we do pay tax like big business do , but the amount we pay varies and is not up to the tax paid by the big business.
Well, I don't agree with you. Maybe that's for your country, but in my country small business owners pays taxes. If not they'd be hindered from operating. I know, it's bad, but it's what we live with

That's true. You cannot pay tax when your business is too small to generate it , but what is the need for people to stop establishing a large business just to avoid taxs ? Personally I will go for big business because I don't like small business.

Using the current government in my country as an example , small business I never free of tax because I am running a small business and we normally pay tax to the government.

Unless you need an official receipt in selling your merchandise there is no need to pay taxes for a small business. This is applicable to home based business where the place of business is not rented. Small items such as food stuff, clothing and personal accessories do not need to register with the government agency because it is considered an informal business - temporary in nature and dealing with small transactions only. This is a good incentive for entrepreneurs who need to gain experience in selling.
That is usually what is obtainable here,because the structure is not formal and especially when one is running the operation from the comfort of his home,that is one of the advantage of running a small business.

It depends on the country and location of the business. If your business is in rural area, you won't need to pay tax buy if you're in metropolis in some some country, they will charge. This may not be true for all country however.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds