Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Silent treatment in workplace

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
Have you ever had to face silent treatment in workplace? I did when I worked as an intern, while I was still in college. I joined a company as an intern to gain some work exposure and they praised me as a good resource initially.

Later, when I got 3 job offers from other companies, and I decided to leave that intern company... but the HR objected to it. She told me that I shouldn't think about other offers and need to stay loyal to the company. I was confused and told them that, I was a student and had to join the intern as per my college policy and that's about it.

After that, they started giving me the silent treatment. They did offer me the same package as the other 3 companies but I was sure the career growth wouldn't account to much , so I rejected that offer. Probably that set them off and later, even when I was leaving, no one talked to me. I was hurt by it( a lot actually) but it's just for 2 months and after that I never looked back.

So, have you guys ever had to face any such situations? If so, how do you deal with them?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that shows that you did your job well and you actually are everyone's favourite but still they should know that we are all hoping for better opportunities than the one we currently have or managing.

I did face something similar, but I could not leave till the term was complete. I eventually turned the tables on them and started dishing out the cold shoulder myself.

I tried to reconcile with them before I left, but some words can't be taken back once they've been said.

Yes I've been faced with the silent treatment at a point in time in my new place of work - we're a group of young workers who always agree unanimously on how to report to our superiors, one time I disagreed and I was a black sheep immediately.

Well, this kind of thing has not happened to me but I have heard of a lot of similar stories. Once a cousin of mine worked as an intern in a newspaper company and later after her internship ended she was emplpyed by the company.

I don't allow any business rules or advices get to me. I believe I can make decision myself. If any need be I would rather take advise from outsider. However you need to learn how to say no and think yourself which one could favour you.

I don't allow any business rules or advices get to me. I believe I can make decision myself. If any need be I would rather take advise from outsider. However you need to learn how to say no and think yourself which one could favour you.
There are times when the frustration at workplace will allow your emotion to rule over you , there are times when you will be down , all you need to do is calm down and not allow your emotion rule over you.

I don't get why business organizations are always angry when a staff wants to leave them. They would demonize you and make you look like a bad person. Is it that they don't like to see their employees grow in life?

No, I have never had to deal with silent treatment in a workplace.
I find your experience worrisome, and I am happy you were able to push through.
I just find it amusing why Business organization are always angry when a worker wants to leave.

Have you ever had to face silent treatment in workplace? I did when I worked as an intern, while I was still in college. I joined a company as an intern to gain some work exposure and they praised me as a good resource initially.

Later, when I got 3 job offers from other companies, and I decided to leave that intern company... but the HR objected to it. She told me that I shouldn't think about other offers and need to stay loyal to the company. I was confused and told them that, I was a student and had to join the intern as per my college policy and that's about it.

After that, they started giving me the silent treatment. They did offer me the same package as the other 3 companies but I was sure the career growth wouldn't account to much , so I rejected that offer. Probably that set them off and later, even when I was leaving, no one talked to me. I was hurt by it( a lot actually) but it's just for 2 months and after that I never looked back.

So, have you guys ever had to face any such situations? If so, how do you deal with them?
I think you are being favoured because of the fact that you are doing your work diligently and you are doing everything which you are supposed to do. Keep it up

I have not experienced this kind of silent treatment before though the highest i believe i have experienced was from one of my formal coworker, back then i was new to the company, for some reasons this guy completely ignored me for weeks even when i greeted him.

No, i've never faced the silent treatment in my workplace. I onced worked as an apprentice in a fashion design store. I never had any issues that i know of with any of my colleagues till i left there.

I don't get why business organizations are always angry when a staff wants to leave them. They would demonize you and make you look like a bad person. Is it that they don't like to see their employees grow in life?

It is actually the reality because they know that you are going to invest whatever skill that you are bringing to their business setup into growing yourself very well and they will always prefer to have you being a slave under them and serving them all your life.

That is kind of childish in the workplace. You have not even considered the job offers you are getting and you are being treated like that. That work environment is just not for me.

Well, silent treatment will not be useful all the time. You have to interact and speak with others to some extent. Things could go wrong if a worker treats others like this.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds