Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should tobacco be banned?

Advertisement Placeholder
No no a BIG no!
Well, they can ban it on public places after they stop:
  • Using plastics
  • Gas for vehicles
  • Wars
  • Poverty
  • testing and getting equipped with nuclear warheads!

Gamrpro said:
Yes I do think so. It's very unhealthy and a waste of money... I wish it would all go away.

Gamrpro said it first. I think it should just be eradicated.

Obviously, but start with the small things and work your way up! ;) Haha. I have lung problems which is why I dislike it though!

I personally think it should be banned from all public places. You have a right to smoke but not to ruin other peoples health. Also tobacco tax should constantly increase well above inflation. In NZ despite a high tax on tobacco it still doesn't cover the health costs caused by it. The issue though is whether it should be fully banned. I don't think that it necessarily should be, if it becomes a banned substance then the government can't tax it or control it. Gangs would just be earning money from it.

What Sam said ^

I believe it's your choice whether or not to ruin your health, but you shouldn't be allowed to effect others.

Gamrpro said:
Yes I do think so. It's very unhealthy and a waste of money... I wish it would all go away.

When they ban tobacco because its unhealthy they also need to start fining or jailing sick people who come out in public and get healthy people sick who then have to waste their money on medications... How about that? ;)

*Shawn lights up a cigarette*

:p

A big fat no. The tobacco industry brings in a lot of money for the country(s) and is a pretty big market. Smoking bans inside buildings and what not are acceptable, but outside? Hell no. If I wanted to light up a cigarette I am sure as hell doing it. I don't smoke, I use smokeless tobacco, so the bans wouldn't really effect me as usually it is just a smoking ban and they forget about us dippers and spitters. :p I'm pro-tobacco all the way.

Now this doesn't mean I like smoke blown in my face, some manners among smokers can go a long way. ;)

Don't ban it, my whole family smokes and honestly it has helped them through some tough times.
It's such a massive stress relief, without it.. I don't know where we'd be right now.

Care to elaborate?
ikr? :p
Anyway why do people care about it so much?
The amount of CO2 and NO from vehicles are far more from the human smoke, and yet you drive vehicles. Well, I guess thats because people are comfortable using those and it makes thier life easier, just like we are comfortable using tobacco products!

Cigarettes do cause health problems, but it shouldn't be banned. Don't you think that instead of just shoving shit off like its nothing, you should actually attack what is causing most problems...which is cigarette companies. Cigs are bad because they put everything and anything in them. If you wanna make people healthier, then get these chemicals to go first and then work on quit smoking campaigns. I can understand the whole non-smokers movement to get it out of restaurants, because even I'll admit cigs can be pretty stinky while eating dinner, but you cant expect us smokers to actually listen to a law like this? Banning shit has never helped, just look at the war on drugs and prohibition...hasn't worked a bit, and with a law like this they would be going backwards. You think they can stop cigs when they can't even stop the marijuana movement fast enough?

Also, I feel it is my right in "the land of the free" to be able to light up a smoke outside and be able to enjoy the sunrise. And if someone is outside being a douche with his cig and blowing smoke in your face...
1) Ask them if they can move over a bit and blow in the direction of the wind
2) If they don't stop, beat their ass...cause they're an asshole.

Also consider this, people get obese on hamburgers everyday, people have heart attacks everyday from hamburgers, and innocent kids are being fed rubbish hamburgers.

Let's ban those, because they are harmful!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds