Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should tobacco be banned?

I am a smoker,and here at my place persons under the age of 18 can't buy tobacco. And pretty much no one forces you to smoke,it is your choice,so i think it shouldn't be banned.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think it needs to be banned, but I think there should be a much bigger focus on preventing teenagers smoking. Almost everyone I know who smokes started as a teen, whereas none of the non-smoking adults I know would even consider starting now. Most kids are too in the moment to think about the long term effects on their health and the possibility of addiction.

I don't think it needs to be banned, but I think there should be a much bigger focus on preventing teenagers smoking. Almost everyone I know who smokes started as a teen, whereas none of the non-smoking adults I know would even consider starting now. Most kids are too in the moment to think about the long term effects on their health and the possibility of addiction.
That is well said. Could not agree more!

Teens and young adults are tobacco companies target audience. This is the problem, not the teens.

I didn't say the problem was the teens, only that teens are the ones they should focus on preventing from getting into smoking in the first place because they're more likely to take it up than adults.

Where I live, places like supermarkets have been banned from displaying tobacco products in the hope that it discourages teens from trying to buy them.

I didn't say the problem was the teens, only that teens are the ones they should focus on preventing from getting into smoking in the first place because they're more likely to take it up than adults.

Where I live, places like supermarkets have been banned from displaying tobacco products in the hope that it discourages teens from trying to buy them.

Banned here too. All tobacco products must be enclosed and hidden from view now xD

I do not think it should be banned. But if it is banned, I will not lose sleep over it.

I am not a smoker, so banning of tobacco will do nothing to me.

I will say NO.

Tobacco is used for a lot of things such as medicine, etc.

A lot of people need tobacco to live and feed their family so yeah, I will say NO.

I don't think an outright ban would help at all. If anything, it would make the situation worse. Everyone knows about prohibition, right?

Good regulation and education is the right way of conquering tobacco use. And it looks like the situation is improving in society. The electronic cigarettes are a problem that is waiting to burst though. There is limited proof that they help you kick the habit. And there's also the concern that these e-cigs aren't safe.

If people want to smoke it and use it then let them. I used to be a smoker for many years and even though I don't smoke anymore I really couldn't care if other people smoke or not because it's not going to effect me. A ban isn't needed, people should be able to choose whether they smoke or not.

If people want to smoke it and use it then let them. I used to be a smoker for many years and even though I don't smoke anymore I really couldn't care if other people smoke or not because it's not going to effect me. A ban isn't needed, people should be able to choose whether they smoke or not.

It may indirectly affect you. And not just health-wise either, but through the economy too. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds