Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should there be a non-disclosure agreement when you get investors into your business?

They must always be disclosure agreements between partnership in a business or contract this is because of detailed clarification so that they will not be chaos at the end of the transaction.
I agree with you. Especially if a business is successful because this will create a lot of greedy in the company and peopel trying to seal the idea for themselves for maximum benefit.

Advertisement Placeholder
At a certain point we all have an innovative idea that we want to actually see materialize, and so sometimes we actually create a business that can realise this idea that we have. However, one of the hardest things when you are starting the business is having the necessary money that is needed to run the daily operations in the beginning.

If you have an innovative idea and if it is a novel idea that has not been implemented before do you think that it is necessary to get the investors to sign a nondisclosure agreement so that they don't steal the idea and possibly sell that to another company that they invested in? At this point because you are a new business there is no paper trail that says that this idea belongs to you and you alone. So do you think that a non-disclosure agreement is necessary or do you feel that perhaps it will create unease when it comes to getting money from the Investor?
A non disclosure agreement is very necessary to keep your ideas protected and a genuine investor wouldnt feel uneasy about signing such agreements, so please always insist on it

Arrangement should be made and Everything agreed on between an investor or the business owners, this will reduce any risk of potential disagreement in the future,if possible lawyers can seal the agreement for effective results.

Well I read about how they even started, according to the book the reason why the igbos actually started the war was because they feel that they also needed to be divided and have their own country, all this plan and arrangement was lead by ijukwu.
Lol, it was led by then ojukwu, the head of state of igbos during 1966. Such division is still on, because the hausas never loved the igbos till today.

Lol, it was led by then ojukwu, the head of state of igbos during 1966. Such division is still on, because the hausas never loved the igbos till today.
Do you really think so ? because I believe the reason why they may not love the igbos is because of how they are behaving. Igbo sometimes their character and be so dominating and maybe the are always trying to dominate other tribe negatively and not in an healthy competition.

If you don't want your business ideas to fall into the wrong hands because of carelessness of one partner or something, you should make sure you have that agreement for nondisclosure in place before anything

A non disclosure agreement is very necessary to keep your ideas protected and a genuine investor wouldnt feel uneasy about signing such agreements, so please always insist on it
I think that if an investor is sure of your idea and they want to do business would you then they would sign the agreement because it is the right thing to do as this was your idea from the onset.

Do you really think so ? because I believe the reason why they may not love the igbos is because of how they are behaving. Igbo sometimes their character and be so dominating and maybe the are always trying to dominate other tribe negatively and not in an healthy competition.
Lol, the igbos are simply dominating the business sector they are very determined and at some point they are simply greedy too to block others business progress.

Of course, there should be a non-disclosure of agreement between the investor and the business owner. In as much as the investor is part of a shareholder, there must be a legal binding to ensure my ideas and strategies won't be let out of the bag.

Why not, i think bringing up non-disclosure depends on who's idea and the circumstances surrounding the terms of partnership and investment. I think it is best to have a backup plan should things go south.

I agree with you. Especially if a business is successful because this will create a lot of greedy in the company and peopel trying to seal the idea for themselves for maximum benefit.
Most of the investors are always greedy because they are business man and woman and they invest in order to make gain, and when they realises you are making more than they think , they becomes greedy

Yes, it's very necessary for an investment to sign a nondisclosure agreement. This is done in other to protect the business, and avoid theft.

Always make sure you idea is secured, don't trust anyone. Some may come posing as investors with the sole aim to steal the idea. A nondisclosure agreement must be signed

there are greediness and backbiting almost everywhere in the business world, and that's why there should be a non disclosure agreement when you get investors into business in order to secure your business.

I can say that it is not good idea to disclose a nondisclosure idea for a investor if you do not want them to steal your idea for someone else. As far that you have a idea and they have money you should make agreement with them to invest to your business and you will be operating the business.
I have to agree with this. There are some investors that are only going to come to the Investor summit just to steal ideas that you are going to present to them and then take it to their own businesses or are they sell it to your competition.

The agreement you are going to sign with the investors should based on the outcome you want for your business. There are some investors who will want to take a larger share in your business just by sending you out money.

I have to agree with this. There are some investors that are only going to come to the Investor summit just to steal ideas that you are going to present to them and then take it to their own businesses or are they sell it to your competition.
I agree with you. Everything has to be officially signed and agreed by all parties involved. Just like you said, there are some investors with sinister motives of taking advantage of you later on in the business.

Every form of protection that a new business needs should be taken especially when it has to do with something novel and can be easily stolen then having a non disclosure in place for anyone you want to do business with will be the best bet in keeping sealed lips.

A genuine investor that believes in the actualisation of your idea wouldn't have problem with signing a nondisclosure agreenent. That is the part every new innovator should trade so as to secure his idea, because when it comes to business people are selfish.
But on the other hand,beyound the aspect of just the business growing and moving,it would be better for the other party to know in detail all the aspect embeded in the contract agreement.

Sometimes its good to have a non disclosure agreements when you get an investor's to invest in your business because most investors will want to take more than what the owner is earning .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds