Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Freelancing Websites Verify Freelancers?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
There are many freelancing sites out there. Some of them are quite old and some of them are quite new. I have been working as a professional freelancer on many websites. However, a few of them requires you to send your documents in order to "prove" your identity. I do not thin k that it is necessary. So, what do you think? Is it necessary?

Advertisement Placeholder
For me I will say yes freelance website need to verify freelancers this will help them know their real workers and build solid trust within them for a website like up work I think you need to verify your account

For me I will say yes freelance website need to verify freelancers this will help them know their real workers and build solid trust within them for a website like up work I think you need to verify your account

I do not think that freelancing websites should always verify the identity of the posters and members. Verifying the members through mail should be sufficient enough. many members may not be reluctant to offer documents in many cases.

I think to some extent, yes. At least verify who they are. And maybe depending on what services they are selling, because some services might need to be done by pros. Like art for example. Maybe even writing to confirm your writing talent and to stop plagiarism in its tracks.

When I was active on upwork, seoclerks and Fiverr, they did not have this requirement, I do not know if they have made this rule. I have never been on any freelancer sites where you have to send your real documents. I do not approve of this kind of activity. However, I think they are doing this to stop frauds.

There are many freelancing sites out there. Some of them are quite old and some of them are quite new. I have been working as a professional freelancer on many websites. However, a few of them requires you to send your documents in order to "prove" your identity. I do not thin k that it is necessary. So, what do you think? Is it necessary?

Personally, I think that it's too much to ask for unless there's a kind of security risk they are trying to prevent, then it's necessary. I've been on forums that asked for it, Bizdustry did some time ago.

Although, I won't do it on any freelancing website if I don't trust their confidentiality with my data.

I have always said that freelance websites should verify freelancers to prevent scams that can take place on freelance websites. All too often you will get someone who will offer a service but not be professional at all and that can lead to a lot of issues for yourself if you use the service and also a lot of issues for those who own the site as well.

I believe all freelance sites and platforms should have a verification process to prevent issues.

This verification is very important for the protection of both buyers and sellers. Seoclerks didn't verify sellers some years ago but last 2 years after upgrading their services and website, they had every seller vertify their identity before they can withdraw from the website.

I would say yes because in the end it is a good thing for those who are going to hire the services to know who they are hiring since they are paying for a service, with this you can minimize the risk of scam, but there are still sites that do not.

When money is being made from a website, there's always a risk of someone getting scammed. On this note, I believe that there's need to work out ways verify those making use of the service. This will make it difficult for someone to have a thought of scamming people because his data is on the site and it can used to track him or her.

When money is being made from a website, there's always a risk of someone getting scammed. On this note, I believe that there's need to work out ways verify those making use of the service. This will make it difficult for someone to have a thought of scamming people because his data is on the site and it can used to track him or her.
Yes, although I am not a fan of KYC, sometimes it is better to complete it, especially if it is a reputable website, more than anything to be safer and for what you say, to run less risk of scam, if everyone completes a KYC there may be less risk of scam, but it is not completely eliminated either, because there are always ways to complete it with the data of another person, that is, impersonating the identity of another person in order to access the platform.

Yes, freelancing websites should verify freelancers to enhance trust, credibility, and security for both clients and freelancers. Verification processes, such as identity checks and skills assessments, contribute to a more reliable and transport freelancing environment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds