Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Shattered Sun RTS

Al

Get Boosted
Bronze Member
Credits
After promising myself that I wouldn't succumb to the forum bug again, here I am with a new site. Take a look. What do you think?

You don’t get to choose when the forum bug decides to let go her bite, Al. 😜

Site looks good. I love the theme, header background fits very good, making it a space theme. I don’t know anything about the game but that’s probably the theme you’re after. :p

What will the Game Centre be? Some casual and general talk?

What will the Game Centre be? Some casual and general talk?
A general gaming forum. Maybe with sub-forums for popular games in the niche like Supreme Commander. I don't want the forums to be flooded with 'what game are you playing?' types threads whilst in it's infancy. Whilst content is generally good it has to be the right type of content to prevent becoming just another gaming forum. It's niche specific. There's a fairly comprehensive article I've written covering what the game's about: https://shatteredsunrts.com/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-sanctuary-shattered-sun.40/

I've also linked in with the developers and so far one has joined and is active. Loads of time before release so I'm hopeful for some small success (this time).

Cool. Yeah I get that. I was able to view it on my laptop and it even looks better now.

If there's one thing I can recommend, maybe making your welcome block to a floating notice and your currently floating notice about discord, a link in your footer or submenu if it's really important. The game is a bit heavy for asking specs, my computer wouldn't be able to run it. 😂 Looks promising though. I bet I would enjoy that game. 81 sq kilometer game maps sounds amazing.

maybe making your welcome block to a floating notice

I considered that but notices push the sidebar down as they takes up the entire forum width. I'd like to be able to edit the templates so that the static notice sits above the forums but doesn't impact the sidebar. I don't think floating notices are as impactful.

Not only do I think the site looks amazing, I think it's amazing that you're creating a game. Once you get a demo released, I'm sure you'll be getting lots more activity on the forums because that's the only thing the site is lacking right now.

Reactions: Al
I think it's amazing that you're creating a game.

I wish I was so talented! Haha. I'm not. I just created the forums. However, take a look at this YT video where the developers give us a shout out. go to 17 minutes:

Looking great Al. Absolutely stunning! :D

It’s a great asset for you being able to load up beautiful high rendered backgrounds and creating awesome themes.

The theme looks stunningly amazing and this is coming from someone who usually prefers light themes.

Initial thoughts:

I love the Home page! Great information - the game info, I love the placement of images as well. Keeps the home page neat, and you notice things that are important! What I would recommend in the future is once you get more and more stuff - maybe have a "brand" and all updates have a similar beginning image to it. "Shattered Sun Update" or something... Not necessary fully, because I do like the images having variety, I like the quality of them as well so that helps.

Forum: I like the layout is simple right now and can expand later on. Simple descriptions but to the point. I love the theme. Not really much I can point out to improve upon. I also like the Steam add on too, how you can see the hours played and games mostly played.

Thanks everyone for the really kind feedback. We have some exciting developments down the road. I’ll keep you informed.

I love the new theme! Will you eventually have themes based around each faction down the road? It'd be a very cool idea, and another way members can represent their faction other than the usergroup.

I have considered it and it's a very easy thing to do with @Russ' excellent pixelexit Omni theme. It's just a matter of having the time to do it.

Thanks for the feedback. :cool:
Looks great! Thank you for the kind words.

I think it might be beneficial to add a little border/drop-shadow to the text of the logo to make it stand out a little:

2.png

1.png

Good luck on the site. I love a good RTS game.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor