Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

SEO for Directories

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Does anyone use directories for SEO? Note, Google isn't totally opposed to the practice. However, it has stated only high-quality directories will provide any help. However, I'm not sure whether the low-quality ones would hurt a site or simply do nothing.

Myself, I think directories are something which can be a big help, but if they're ignored, I doubt if they would do much damage. Obviously, they're not as important as social media.

Directory submission is a technique of OFF Page SEO. It help us to create quality backlinks. In Directory submission we submit our website to other websites. It does not give you traffic but it provides good and quality backlinks. It helps to increase page rank of your website. It is an effective method for creating a backlinks.

Anyway, have any of you tried directory submissions? What were the results? What kind of directories did you use?

I was surprised this past year when I learned that some new members to one of my forums actually came from a directory list! I didn't even know we were on it! Whether SEO helped us or not, it didn't matter at that time because the directory helped people to find us and we got new members.

I feel like having your site in any sort of directory is a good idea, even if just for back-link purposes. We try to put Revillution in as many directories as possible. I believe it's helped gain some members over time. If google is okay with it for SEO then I say why not?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest